Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:09 am 

hey im 15 well 14 but turnin 15 and im expectin my boyfriend wanted it and i did 2 but when i told him he was like he doesnt think im ready but i can't turn back now i live with foster parents right now and im so scared 2 tell them cause im scared ther gonna disown me i really love them and i dont want that 2 happen but i dont wanna lose my baby 4 any one and i feel i shouldnt have 2 choose i know im young but i've been threw so much and i really want this HELP!!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:56 pm 

hi my sister had got preg right when she turned 15. she really really wanted to have the baby, even though her boyfriend did not want her to have it. i was supportive but was also worried she could not take care of a baby so young. well she had the baby and we all loved her sooo much. it was about when the baby was 6 months old when she got her figure back and had recovered from pregnancy and labor that she started neglecting the baby. my mother and i had to step in to get the baby placed with the boyfriend's mohter, who takes GREAT care of her now. she is two years old now and i love her very much but my sister did not think about long term raising a child. babies are very cute and fun, but they are with you for a lifetime. i also know many teens that have babies and are wonderful with them. whatever you do just stay open to suggestion, a baby is a big change and responsiblity at any age, it just makes it harder at a young age. you have a lifetime to have children....just think what is best for the baby, not you. good luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:00 pm 

Hi Angie, I hope you are feeling ok, please go to store and get folic acid right away so you and your sweet baby will be healthy, and have someone get you into the doctor soon, either thru health dept or social worker. There are many places that will help you get an apartment and assistance medical and food etc. In most states when your pregnant they consider you an adult regardless of age in as far as foster care you may be helped by your case worker to get prepared for your baby with them treating you as an adult with rights and opinions, you wont be in trouble and they will help you get ready. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:27 pm 

Good Luck. I hope everything works out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:51 pm 

sending you a hug today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:53 pm 

My sister got pregnant at 15. She was scared to tell my parents (she got pregnant on purpose, she loves attention) My parents were mad at first. You know, for the first 10 minutes. :) But, then they realize that there isn't a thing that you (or they) can do to change what has happened. And then come the hugs, tears, and "I'm going to be a grandma/grandpa!"'s. Just sit them down and talk to them. I am sure that everything will work out just fine! Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:57 pm 

Hey!

I am 17 right now and have a 5 month olf daughter. I got pregnant at 16 and if you ever want to talk or anything I'd be glad to chat with you. Being pregnant can be scary, especially at a young age. Theres a lot to manage, but believe me it's possible. First of all you should tell your guardians! As stated before-the first 10 minutes are rough...then comes the realization of it and hugs and tears come. It's going to be ok! Having a baby is a wonderful experience and I am sure that you will be fine! I would strongly suggest that you research around your home to find counseling or help with your pregnancy and desisions you make along that way! Also make sure you are healthy! Regular check ups and proper prenatals are key in the first few months! Good Luck in the future!!
Keep in Touch