Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:22 pm 

Heya ppl...this was a total shock to me wen she told me, she was on the pill but she stopped without telling me...its not her fault tho, i should still have wrapped my lil dude up in durex but avent and now shes pregnant. If her parents decide to prosecute what the worste that can happen, bearin in mind my girlfriend and i are stronger together than ever and she has no intention of getting me in trouble.? Also how should i break it to my parents , 1 whoz a copper (dad) and my mother whoz a nurse? my father is rather strict !!! plz help and answer ma question...Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:21 pm 

ok #1? Prosecute you! Your a minor too..I dont think they can prosecute you, unless you were 18 and she was 15. But I could have sworn the law was passed that made it, if you were over 4 years it was illegal! I dont knw..
But sometimes the best way to tell your rents, is to just flat out tell them. BUTTTT...if you just found out she is pregnant...wait until she is at least 3 months along before you say anything. THIS WAY!..(If you decide you both want to keep the baby), you know there is less of a chance of a miscarriage, AND...they can't make her get an abortion! So Just do what you feel is right in your heart.
We can only give advice here, we can't do these things for you, or make everything alright! The end result has to come from you!
Good Luck, with whatever you choose!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:33 am 

You cannot go to jail for being 16. Unless if she claims that it is rape. Which it isn't. Even if she was on the pill, there is a really good chance that she could get pregnant. You should always wear a condom. Even if she is on the pill. You have to ask a question that might be hard, but...did she plan on having a baby and not tell you that she wanted one? some girls will stop taking birth control and not tell their boyfriends or husbands because they are trying to get pregnant. You should wait until she is three months because after three months she cannot get an abortion. Sit down and talk to her about what you are going to do with a baby. Can you support your child? Can you support yourself? Where are you going to live if you both get kicked out of your homes? Are you going to be able to be with your girlfriend and child everynight? Ask these questions and find out answers? It is hard work to raise a child. My husband and I won't get to see eachother that much, because he will be working days, and i will be working nights. So we don't have to get a babysitter. Babysitters and daycares cost alot. Do you know for sure that she is pregnant? Good luck and do what is right for the both of you? And are you guys ready to be parents? I know that I'm not, but I want a child and so does my husband. Think about what you want to do adn talk to her before you guys do something that you might regret the rest of your life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:25 pm 

Hey Mikey, you sound like a pretty decent guy, so I really hope everything turns out for the better. I gpt prego shortly after my 18th. I know thats not quite as young as you and your gf, but I can still relate. I can't really give you advice, since you know your parents alot better than any of us, but I can tell you that it will probably be really hard in the beginning, but it WILL get better and easier with time! Also most of the ppl on here are from Canada and the U.S so you'll have to find someone from the Wales or sumtin to help you out on the legal part of your question :D

Have you and your GF decided if you want to keep it or not yet?
GOOD LUCK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:31 pm 

Well...I hate to think that you might have to worry about charges being brought against you. You really just need to check it out...it is a little different in each state. I am in Kansas, and there are several possibilities...charges range from rape to indecent liberties with a child to unlawful voluntary sexual relations.

It all depends on 1) how old you are 2) how old she is 3)where you live 4) how aggressively her parents wish to push it and 5) how aggressive the local DA wants to be.

I wish you the best...and hope that the two of you can make this work. Just be stubborn...and be there for your girlfriend and the baby.

Do a little research on the web...find out what your state and local statutes are and keep us posted.