Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 19 and pregnant
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:14 pm 
Sadly it wasn't a planned pregnancy and it happened due to carelessness after stopping the patch due to possible clots.

I've decided to keep it but i'm overwhelmed. I just recently started college and I have a little job that doesn't pay much. I've been really sick due to first trimester symptoms and i'm very torn as to what I should do. Right now I need money more then ever and without my little job I won't be able to feed myself right so I was thinking about leaving college for now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 am 

Try to get on WIC. They will give you milk, eggs, cheese, and other things you may need. Are you going to college close to home? If you are then see if your mom and dad will let you live at home and go to college on your days off. Instead of a full time student, go as a part time student. Or even take classes online. Look into things like that. But don't stop taking classes all together. I never went to college. I was in the Army then over a year ago I got an honorable discharge. And I wished that I would have waited to get married and have a baby. I am only 21 years old. ANd my husband is 20. We make enough money between us to stay ontop of our bills. Look into things that will help you out in the long run. Ask your doctor if you get state disability insurance when you have your baby. So that way you still get paid but half of what you make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:45 am 

Hey. I would try to stay in college, even as part-time if you have to. I can relate to being sick in the 1st trimester, I was too. If you want to keep your baby, it is possible. I got pregnant at 18, and had my son when I was 19. I don't goto college or work though. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:02 pm 
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to finish college that's for sure. I need to get a better job but for now I think I might take a little break from it until i'm feeling well enough to do school and work again