Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:44 pm 
hmmm, i was just wondering, mykenzi has her 2 month tomorrow, and i remeber at her 1 month, the doc said she was getting shots this time, are there certain shots? do you know what they are? will there be more than one? im nervous! i dont like this new doc yet, i havent been in there for a real check up with her since we made the switch, i dont like people touching my baby! lol.. maybe the link queen can help me? or anyone? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:52 pm 
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/b ... ne/95.html

Yes she will be getting shots. If I remember right 2 in each leg. She WILL scream and you probably will cry, I know I did. Don't worry it will only hurt her for a second and then they should give you some baby tylenol( well they do at the military hospital) and she will be fine. She may be a bit sleepy when she gets home and the next day but it is perfectly normal. The doctor should give you the lowdown on things to look for incase of a reaction. DON"T WORRY!!! It will be over quicker than you know it. Then you get to look forward to doing it all over again at her 4 month visit! I have the 6 month visit/shots coming up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:59 pm 
:(:(:( im gonna have to look away!! lol, i dont like it when odd people handle my baby, and especially when they cry because of what they are doing!

thanks krissi!! That really helped :):):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:16 pm 

When I knew my kids were getting shots I always gave tylenol right before there appointment. Helped with the side effects

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:40 pm 
Yes I have heard many who have done that. I am a bad mommy, I always forget to do it in the rush to get out of the house. I always give it to her right after because they give me a big ol' bottle of tylenol to take home with me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:33 pm 

My kids got 4 at 2mos. 1 in each thigh & 1 in each butt. With my 1st child I cried with her. She actually had 5 though and she screamed bloody murder. My 2nd hardly cries with his which makes it so much easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:43 pm 

I cry with both everytime. THen I buy them something on the way home. My mom laughs cause she is certain by then they forgot about it.
I keep tylenol in the diaper bag. This way too if we are ever out and teeth or something I have it in the bag. My doctors office doesn't give out tylenol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:58 pm 
Guess that is one of the perks of being military...free drugs :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:21 am 

Send some this way girl. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:00 am 
LOL! Wish I could :) At her 4 month they gave me the BIG bottle. 4 Oz's of Childrens Tylenol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:23 am 

Wow that's awesome. I can't even get the samples. I was so mad the last time I went cause I had taken the bottle out of my diaper bag. Payton was sick the week before and instead of going downstairs to get her tylenol I just took the bottle out of my diaper bag. So when we went a week ago when she got shots and her ears pierced I mentioned to the nurse I didn't have any on me. So she said well you can give it to her when you get home. So I explained I live like 35 minutes away and I would like her to be comfortable on the ride home so maybe she will fall alseep. She told me there was a CVS down the road. Now I used to work for a doctors office so I know they get at least samples. Probably all the nurses take them home for there kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:49 am 

At Hayden's 2 month, they gave him 5 shots. 3 in one thigh, and 2 in the other... in the span over like 15 seconds. They had 2 nurses do it at the same time. I wish I cave him the Tylenol right before the shots, because he was fine right after it, but about 4 hours later his left leg was so swollen that he was crying and crying for 2 hours.. the only thing that worked was a warm compress on his leg... but after that, he was fine.

Shots are scary... My baby had 1 shot when he was 2 weeks old! Poor little guy... I really hate that scream when they do it until they are completely out of breath.. It makes me cry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:03 pm 
Just got back from the doc... 12.12 pounds, 22 1/2 inches long, 3 shots, one in one thigh, 2 in the other.. i didnt like the way the nurse did it, she had hre on the end of the table, bent her legs down and held them between her body and the table, and i had to hold her hands. poor thing screamed and cried so hard i think i saw tears.... she was crying and in the middle of her cries it sounded like she was saying "maaa" it was so sad, i couldnt watch! i did get a bottle of tylenol from the doc.. and i asked about the ear piercing, her doctor doesnt do it :(:(:( that makes me sad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:25 pm 

my mom had to get my ears pierced because people mistook me for a boy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:31 pm 
You got a healthy girl there! I had to go to my milestone page to see how much Lily weighed at her 2 month and Mykenzi passed her :) Don't worry, the nurses who do it here are not very gentle either, but then again who can really be that gentle when your jabbing a poor baby with 3 or 4 needles! :( Glad it's over with though! Now you don't have to go through it for another 2 months :)