Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:55 pm 

have you done anything to try and start labor (walking, sex, etc?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:30 pm 

Hi Marianne!

Well no I haven't tried sex (although I would like to, he lives across town and is always at work anyway) And it is just too much of a hassle to get all bundled up these days to go out for a walk. I have tried breast stimulation a little bit and It does give me a contraction but then thats it, it dosn't kick start labour ever, just gives me one stinkin contraction! I read that it has to be done for a long period of time to actually work and I haven't really done it that much. I might go for a walk tonight or twomorrow though, see if that works. That castor oil thing is out of the question, and I don't really eat that many kinds of spicy foods. Do you know of any other ways to induce labour? (other than medical)

Why Marianne, you gettin' desperate too? :D :P :wink:

P.S. How are you doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:28 pm 

Yes I am getting desperate too!! just want my body back, to be comfortable and to see my little girl. We have just started the walking thing only done it 3 times, haven't had sex cuz hubby has been sick the last 4-5 days. But we'll try that soon. We are so close. You are closer though. Are you dialated at all? I was a 1/2 cm last thursday, we'll see what I am tomorrow. I have had way more contractions and pressure so it's gotta be doing somthing right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:08 pm 

Marianne I promise I don't want to burst your bubble but I had contractions for three weeks before I had my daughter. Pressure too. We actually went to the hospital twice before I had her. But they couldn't get the contractions closer then an hour apart and I was too far away at that point for them to induce me. And I had such pressure cause she had started coming down but then five days before my due date I went back for a check up cause I had awful back pain and what had happened was she started going back up again and got stuck. Doctor teased she had changed her mind. At that point they induced me. Walking is the best thing though. With my son it was the chinese food. So tomorrow order in chinese go for a walk and post Monday on how big the baby is. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:57 pm 

Marianne & Jenna-

LOL I know what you mean! I wanna hold my babygirl! And I want to be comfortable again too! In fact I don't even remember what that feels like anymore! I thought that my doc. would check me to see if I'm effacing/dialating, especially b/c I told her about pains I've been having but she still hasn't checked me. I guess she figures that it will happen when it happens *shrug* I'm not having an appt. this week because I am so darn forgetfull lately that I can't remember to call lol :roll: So I guess I won't know for awhile! How long do you usually walk for? Would 10 mins do the trick you think? Like I mentioned before It's not too pleasant to be outside for too long in -20C degree weather! (Umm thats...-5F) Yea I'll get pressure and the odd contraction sometimes too :? My life has become like that song from Jeapordy lol! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:38 am 

You're not going evey week for your appointment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:13 am 

You should be going to the doctor every week, I agree with Jenna, it is important!! Especially because sometimes in the end you can develop PIH or preeclampsia and that is the only way they can tell. My doctor checks my cervix at every appointment for the last 4 weeks of pregnancy. You should ask yours if she'll check you. I have been going walking for about 15-20 minutes. I don't think 10 minutes will do the trick. From the people it has worked for that I have heard of it has been more like an hour to hour and a half. Who knows!! I too don't remember what normal feels like or what having a semi-flat stomach feels like either. I have gotten so used to my basketball. I will miss being able to feel her move but that is about it!! Get into the doctor woman!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:19 pm 

Hey guys!

I know I should be going every week but... well I dunno I'm gonna call right after I post this to make an appt. for early next week, while I'm thinking about it! I'm so forgetfull. Back in Dec. I went for an appt. on the 16th and was supposed to have another one on the 30th but the office called and cancelled and I called back but they were closed untill Jan 3rd so I left a message and they never got back to me so it ended up being about a month from my last appt. untill the one I just had...If that makes any sense to you. I don't have any swelling extremities and my blood pressure has been good and low at all of my checkups, and I don't have any other symptoms, so preeclampsia is not a concern (I do ALOT of research and the 3 symptoms that MUST be present in order to suspect preeclampsia are: high blood pressure, swelling extremeties and protien in urine. I also know what the other symptoms to watch for are, so I think I'm ok.) What is PIH? An hour and a half? No thanks! I'll stick with breast stimulation in my nice warm house thanks! Last night I was doing it for oh I dunno, like 10 mins and I got 2 contractions from it, Got all excited too, but then that was it! I guess I'll try again today! Yea I'll miss feeling her move too but being able to hold her will be much better! I can't wait to have my body back! Woohoo! Oh yea I'll definately ask her to check me at my next appt! I'm dying to know too! I'll post again and let you know when my next appt. is just to ensure that I don't forget this time!

P.S. If I even suspected anything was wrong than I would get to the hospital to be checked out asap. I tested pos. for GBS so I don't have any time to spare if somthing does happen!

Well I hope you both are doing well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:34 pm 
I was past my due date and desperate to get my baby out too and everytime the doc checked me she would tell me that my cervix was not favorable and that they would not induce till 42 weeks so I was bummed. Well I am not saying it really works but I did some looking around and found a website that said to drink red rasberry leaf tea (no caffine in it and perfectly harmless). So I went to the health food store and bought a box and drank like 6 cups throughout the day and I went into labor that night. So either it really worked or the baby was just ready. Probably the later, but just something to try in those desperate moments.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilymace/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:35 pm 
hey there ladies! I wish i could give you more ideas as to how to start labor. But labor started all on its own for me, i think the fact that i have to hurdle 3 flights of stairs to go home and to leave may have been a factor.

I wish you and jenna both the best in getting labor going, i and i also wish you both during the delivery, and dont forget to cherish that moment when you see your itty bitty one for the first time:):)

and yes, you BETTER show off pictures!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

have you girls decided of you are getting an epidural or going au naturale? I went natural, and was only in labor fer 6 hours! but whatever you ladies choose, i wish you well!!!!

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:43 pm 
You are a brave woman. I was feeling it contractions bad and they told me that there were 2 emergency c sections and it would be 2 hours until I would get my epidural. Needless to say the whole floor could hear me and they called in someone who was off that day to give me my epidural. I have much respect for you woman who go natural, I could never do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:45 pm 

Krissimace-

Hey thanks for the suggestion! Yea I'll try almost anything at this point LOL! I wonder if they would have it at the grocery store? Or do I have to go to a health food store?

Melisa-

Definate Epidural! I am a wimp, also I've had a few contractions so far and, yea, no way am I not having some kind of pain medication! :D Kudos to you and everyone else who has done it naturally! I wouldn't be able to! I'm also not allowed to have a short labour b/c I'm pos for GBS so I need to get an IV for that at least 4 hours before delivery :D Don't you worry! I'm DEFINATELY gonna show off my little Hannah asap! :P

I hope all is well with you two and your little ones too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:51 pm 
Not sure if you can get it at a regular store but if you are headed that way I would take a look. It is Red Rasberry leaf tea (not just rasberry tea). It does not even taste like rasberrys, just like plain old tea. I found plenty of other ways online to induce labor but none that I felt comfortable with except for this one. Hope that baby comes soon! I know how you are feeling :)
As for the epidural, I knew my baby was gonna be big so there was no way I was doing it with out it and after an almost 9 lb baby and 4th degree tears I am glad I went with the epidural :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:59 pm 

Yea I'm not exactly comfortable with drinking castor oil either LOL! My mum and I are thinkin that Hannah is gonna be a big girl too and I am TINY (5'4" and USED to be 100 lbs, now 167) So there is no way I could do it either! I'm probably gonna get an episiotomy too. No I think I'm most definately gonna have one wether I like it or not :? ARG I just wanna have my baby now! Get this all over with! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:10 pm 

Woohoo hold up there girls. Melisa this Jenna is not having a baby any time soon. I have a 2 year old and a six month old. Shop is closed for a while. LOL!! I think you got me confused with someone else. YOU BETTER NOT HAVE JINXED ME!!! LOL!!