Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:54 am 

Hello all! I thought I'd ask these questions here instead of the pregnancy board b/c I figured that you ladies would be able to awnser my questions a little better.

First, I have alot of very prominent, and very dark stretch marks just about everywhere that you can possibly get them ( :cry: ). Sometimes they itch, but when I scratch them it hurts, especially the ones on my belly near my pelvic bone. Is that normal?

Also I was wondering what is the approximate time it takes for them to fade?

Lastly is there ANYTHING, however drastic, I can do to make them seem less noticeable? I am very upset by the degree of my stretch marks and they are just too prominent and too many to ignore!

Anyway I hope all is well with everyone and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:13 am 

Hi Hannah's mommy.
You asked here cause you figured we have are medals already. LOL!!
Yeah they do itch. Mine was worse with the first. I guess the second my skin was stretched already. Cocoa butter works great. Helps relieve the itch too. They make one just for pregnant woman. I used it the second time around and I found them better then the first.
I don't think they ever fade completely. They just lighten. Although I have been using this scar cream lately and I notice a drastic change. I also noticed when I was going to the tanning salon I didn't see them as much.
Just do what you can to make them less noticiable but wear them with pride. Like a medal for giving birth to a beautiful baby.
Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:16 pm 

Hi,

Jenna's right about the cocoa butter cream, it really does help relieve the itching and it smells nice too!
I used it throughout my pregnancy, and I'm not saying it made a difference or not, but I didn't get one stretchmark anywhere on my belly...although I do have a few faded ones on my breasts but not really that noticeable.

And like Jenna said they never completely go away, they just fade.
It all depends on the elasticity of your skin, that is what determines if a woman will get stretchmarks or not. The more elastic your skin is, the better chances you have of not getting any stretchmarks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:27 pm 

I forgot to mention that it probably will take about two years for them to really fade. In the meantime, you can try your local drugstore for any products they may sell to help fade them. Whether these products will really work or not is hard to say. But if they really bother you, it's worth a try!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:13 pm 

Thanks guys. I would have asked my mom but she said the only ones she got were white and few and far between right from the get go. She was amazed at mine and even said "man you've got some nasty lookin stretch marks" (I've got strech marks on top of strech marks here). Yea I've been using a lotion with goat's milk, honey, and cocoa butter in it after every shower and still got strech marks all the same :? Mabey I should use it more frequently? Also I think I'm gonna get some skin firming lotion too, hope it works!

I just feel so grotesque you know? I don't even want my baby's daddy to see me (although he has said many times that he dosn't care and it makes no difference to him, I care)

Anyway I'll keep in mind the tanning salon thing as well as the scar cream. I was going get my Aunt to bring me up some Mederma (sp?) this Easter (She lives in Ohio, and we don't have it in Canada.)

Well thanks for your replies :D I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again as soon as Hannah is born!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:24 pm 

My friend Sherri had bad stretch marks. They sound like yours. She was so tiny all three times she got pregnant that her stomach just was stretched so badly. Her kids are older now but she still has the marks.
Don't worry about what people think. If he loves you enough to have a baby with you then he will ove you through stretch marks and all.
Looks like the baby will be here any day now. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:18 pm 

Thanks again Jenna, and Nikki too. I think I knew deep down that there was nothing I could do but I guess it was just a bit of wishfull thinking :) *sigh*

Yea Hannah will be here soon :D I'm getting desperate LOL! You guys will have more baby pictures to look at soon too! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:25 am 

We are looking forward to them
Is this your first baby?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:18 pm 
Well, the stretch mark question has been asnwered, but i just wanted to wish u well and good luck with your labor and delivery, i just had my little girl, and it was first, and i was scared shitless, but believe me, when you get to hold that baby for the first time and look into those beautiful little eyes, all the pain or anything from labor or pregnancy will fade away right then and there, cuz youll know, "i created and waited 9 months for this", its love at first site, and the BEST feeling in the world!!!

Melisa :lol: :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:07 pm 

Hello ladies-

Yea this is my 1st baby. I too am scared LOL, but I am looking forward to seeing my baby girl! any day now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:54 pm 

Don't be scared. I don't know about everyone else but I can honestly say it wasn't as bad as I thought with either of my kids. The second I did with no drugs...................not by choice but sometimes things just work out that way. I wouldn't recommend doing it that way but I got through it. And I would do it again..........well with drugs. But there are alot of girls who post on here that did it without. You are stronger then you think you are and will do this fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:23 pm 

Thanks Jenna!

yea I'm sure I'll be just fine but its nerve wracking. You know you hear all of these horror stories and there are always the "what if's" and just thinking about a baby's head passing through THAT :shock: I know I'll hopefully be numb and all but still...And I'm terrified of having a c-section...these last couple of weeks are stressfull. I try to relax and everything but there is nothing I can do now but wait! I just want to get it all over with!

Anyway I hope all is well with you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:04 am 

It was funny cause I heard all the horros stories too and when labor first started with my son I was a wreck, I kept waiting for the horror. It never happened. I remember getting to the hospital after staying home all night until my contractions were five minutes apart and saying to my husband this isn't so bad. YOu'll do great, and the reward for your hard work is priceless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:15 pm 

Unfortunately, I too got REALLY bad stretch marks. I had recently lost weight (for my wedding the preceding summer). Because of this I gained over 45 lbs and I got whacked with the stretch mark stick pretty bad... as with you, if there is a place you can get stretch marks... I got em! And really bad ones too, dark purple and indented! It really sucks. I don't think there is much you can do to preven them, if your gonna get them, your gonna get them. It has been 5 months and they still haven't lightened up at all (and I have lost 25-30 of the 45 lbs). I realize that they never really go away... but when do they start to lighten up... does it really take 2 years? :? I was hoping for them to be a little lighter before the summer weather hits so that I can put shorts on again... looks like I will be in capris all summer, ha ha! Thanks for any input and Hanna's Mommy, I feel for you, because I can surely relate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:42 pm 

Thanks again Jenna :D I just really need to get this show on the road!

Justin's Mom- I know! I wanted to get back to normal for the summer weather too...oh well! Yea I've gained about 65 lbs! I was underweight before and I am TINY and I didn't watch my weight at all so I guess I am partially to blame! By the time it gets hot here it will probably be about june so that will be about 5 months after I have Hannah SO I hope they fade a bit. and I am going to go to the tanning salon and also use scar cream so hopefully that will do the trick! Good luck with yours!