Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:30 pm 

I'm roughly 33 weeks along now, and have been having all kinds of pains from my belly button to my tail bone -- I called my dr. and he advised me to come in, that the pains could be dilation-- however, upon checkup, he discovered NO dilation, but that I'm over 60% thinned (whatever that means)

I've also had contractions, some painful, some not -- the dr. changed my due date from June 20th to "Sometime in the next couple of weeks, three maybe"

Can anyone give me any advise on how to deal with this?? And possibly even how to speed it up . . .I'm getting a bit agitated these days, and canNOT be taking my discomfort out on my other two children!

Last edited by JypziKnight on Tue May 18, 2004 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:30 pm 

I did some calculating and you are about 34 weeks ago now. When the doctor says you are 60% thinned out that means your baby is starting to come down a good bit. Your cervix is getting shorter. I know probably are ready to get this done but, you should wait until you are at least 36 weeks ago. But, on that note here are some ways to start labor. Have sex, go for a long walk, drink castor oil you can get it from a drug store and mix it with some orange juice, massage your nipples I know they are probably sore that will make you release hormones and the last thing is have someone do some deep massage around you ankle bone on the inside and the outside. Well, I hope this will help you and all goes well.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:57 pm 

I have been having contractions for over a week now -- they've finally got settled into a rhythm, and they are painful...but I'm still a month away from my due date. I've got two other kids that rely on me for everything and I can't put them through this anymore.

I've heard of some herbs that I could take (Red Raspberry tea, for example) that could help me get this done, and the doctor says "Any day now" for labor/delivery -- what can y'all suggest??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:33 pm 

Well, I am not saying that you have to do this but i know it works.....buy one of those drinks for constipation and drink the whole thing..it tastes nasty....and you will be definitely cleaned out and it'll move you along faster....and you wont have to worry about pooping on the doctor for delivery...lol.....
:wink: