Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3rd trimester
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:03 am 

Hello...

I am in my 29th week now. From the last week i suddenly started feeling my bump very very heavy and as if the baby is pressing some organs to the extend that it is uncomfortable to stand, walk and even to sit. Is this all normal? It suddenly started few days ago and i wonder if everything is all right or there is some problem.

I am terrified by the idea of just sitting or laying for the rest of my pregnancy. Hope this can be sorted out somehow.

Also i feel very tired and everything suddenly seems to be difficult to do except very slow. I feel too slow like a walking elephant. Please girls dont laugh at me. Bear in mind it is my first pregnancy so i dont know what is normal and what is not. What is shoking to me is that before that i was all right. it suddenly started like if the baby grown alot just in 4-5 days.

I will appreciate ur responses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:56 pm 
hi! I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my first child (a girl!) I have had every symptom you can imagine the first four months but now I'm ok. Don't worry about anything u may feel unless its really bothering you. Then I suggest you speak to ur doctor. Meanwhile, enjoy ur pregnancy and keep me updated! :D Congrats!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:32 am 

I am 37 weeks and I am also having a girl. I know how you feel about being uncomfortable. I talked to my doctor about it and he said that that is normal. But if you are worried talk to your doctor about it the next time you go in. Just wait until you get 37 weeks. This is fun not. I am playing the waiting game now. And I just wished that I could go into labor now. Keep track of your baby's movements. And if you notice your baby not moving alot or not moving at all. Just let your doctor know. There were a couple of days that my daughter didn't move at all that I could feel. And the doctor told me that that is all right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:52 pm 
my baby moves non stop! Shes very active, especially when I'm getting ready to drift off to sleep. I plan to keep working until I feel that I really can't but so far, so good! :wink: have you guys picked names yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 am 

Tahnk u a lot for the responses. I think the baby suddenly grown a lot so this is why my body was rebelling against the more haviness added. Anyway i seem to be adjusting now and it seems a lot better also i dont feel that tired. Just that i loose breath at time but when it happens i sit down to rest a bit and then keep doing what i was doing.

By the way they told me that the baby is a girl too. I hope they didnt makemistake because everything we bought is pink. Haha. Even the cot bed is pink as well as the changing table. If it comes out that it was a boy then we will have to paint them all with blue and all the pink cute dresses will have to be packed and wait for the next baby hoping to be a girl.

Anyway we went for the session in the hospital regarding the stages of the labor and they showed us a tape with cesarian and normal delivery. I almost fainted. Had to drink a lot of water to come back to my senses. But i think this shock is good in sense that after u get stressed over it once then u r not that stressed when u think about ur own delivery.

My baby is moving a lot changing the shape of my tummy while moving. There is something real funny which is happening. Dont know if it is normal but it seems real funny. When ever i scratch the skin of my bump the baby starts moving a lot inside specially if i scratch the side where the baby is in. I am not pressing a lot. Just when it is itchy i scratch a bit and straight away the baby starts moving like crazy. I was wondering if it is ticklish for her or she doesnt want to be disturbed. Anyway i find it real funny. Did anything like this ever happend to u?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:33 pm 
lol I think thats kinda cute! My daughter seems to like to kick on the right side of my tummy, sometimes so hard its visible thru my shirt lol. Everyone asks me if I'm afraid of labor and delivery but it doesn't seem to worry me much. I'm more worried about whether or not I'm going to do a good job of raising my baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:21 am 

I have picked out a name for my daughter. Rebecca Elizabeth-Lynn Hobgood. I am due in 10 days. I know what you mean about how active your baby is. Mine I could feel at 17 weeks moving. ANd she still won't stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:46 pm 

i am so excited about having a girl that i cant wait her nae is Braylin Priscilla she is so active but thats fine i know she is there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:50 pm 
My baby's name is Kylie Grace. I think its short and sweet! I can't wait to have my baby in my arms already, it seems like its taking so long!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:46 am 

The last few days I haven't felt my baby move as much. I think that it is because I have been in labor on and off since Friday night. I asked my husband's mom and she said that that is normal. If you are in labor and your back hurts lay on your right side with a pillow between your legs and one in the small of your back. Or try to get on all fours. I found that that helps. Try squating to. That will relieve pressure on your low back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:29 pm 

I got some real bad pain very low under my back. It feels like if a nerve is stuck so it makes my whole right side numb. Am sleeping in a sofa where my back has support with extra blanket under me to make it softer. I tried to sleep with pillow between my knees but feels rather uncomfortable.

The only possition in which the pain goes away is when i sit or walk. Laying down is bringing the pain back. Dont know what to do. Last night had to walk around for 2 hours and even tried sleeping while sitting. In the end was so tired that slept regardless of the pain.

They say after the 37th weeks the baby can come out any time. I feel i wish the baby will come out at that time and not wait untill the due date or later than that. Its getting heavy and tiring. But patience :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:03 pm 

I know exactly how you feel! When I was between my 20th and 27th week I had what they call Sciatica which is when the baby sits on the Sciatic nerve in your back and causes EXTREME pain to your lower back, hip and leg. I couldn't walk, sit, and I DEFINETLY couldn't lay down. If I did get into a sitting or laying position, it was almost impossible to get up..the pain was SO bad. I would wake up in the middle of the night after hardly getting to sleep at all balling my eyes out, thats how excrutiating the pain was. My doc prescribed Tylenol 3's and they didn't even work.
Anyway i'm about to be 37 weeks and as SOON as I get there I want this baby to come out!!! I've had a pretty terrible pregnancy and I just wish I could hold him already! Also I just want my body to go back to normal! I toss and turn from one side to the other all night because my legs cramp up so bad and you aren't supposed to lay on your back once your past 30 weeks because it limits the blood supply to the baby. Someone tell me WHY these last few weeks take the longest!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:37 am 

I am sorry for what u gone through. But soon u will have ur baby in ur hands so have a bit more patience. U r almost there. The baby can come out anytime now.

Yesterday i was so tired from lack of sleep that managed to sleep for awhile sitting which made me feel a bit better. In the night decided to try to sleep laying down and woke up many times with terrible pain but this time on diffrent places on the lower back. Tonight will check my sofa and see if i can change anything to make it more comfortable.

The pain is only when i lay down. If i sit with my back supported or walk it is all right.

Also i was feeling during the night pain as if all the muscles around my pelvic are streching. I dont know if it is on my mind but it feels like streching which hurts a lot. Like if my pelvic is getting larger and biggr and making all my muscles strech and hurt badly.

Am having my check up the next week so will definately talk to the midwife about these problems. Am still 30 weeks and have at least 7 more weeks to go untill the count down starts. Am constantly repeating to myself that the most of it is finished so it is just a little more time remained. Just a bit more patience and then i will be too happy with my baby and will not even remember all these pains now.

The happiness is always coming mixed with difficulty and suffer. This is how the life is.

Also the baby moving becomes a lot more uncomfortable now since the baby is much bigger than before. Sometimes i feel like it is pressing so much on the walls of the uterus that will show up out of the skin somehow. I try to caress the skin of my bump where i feel the baby is pressing and try to calm her down so she will settle in one possition and stop moving that much. No bending is possible anymore either. If i bend for something she is rebelling and moving inside like crazy pushing my ribs and kicking up. So i have to strech again to give her some more space. But i guess it is all normal to be like this. :)

It is not easy to become a mom but the happiness from it will overcome the difficulty i believe. So it is all worth to go through while thinking of holding this tiny little thing in my arms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:21 pm 

hey
i know what you mean about the baby moving alot, i love feeling my son move but sometimes it feels like he's about to pop right out of my skin. i have to squat down in order to pick things up i can't bend over either. they say you dont get that big with your first pregnancy but im HUGE. i had a doctors appt. today and had to get a vaginal culture (test for group b strep) and then he measured my tummy and said that the baby is really big for being as far as i am. i get special ultrasounds every month because of the problems i had (hyperemisis, pancreatitis, gall stones plus all the meds i was on due to the problems) and my last one (4/28) showed he was 5 lbs 2 ounces and very big for his age. now he is 7 lbs. also my doctors think that im due june 19th and that im 36 weeks 4 days but the special ultrasounds showed that im 38 weeks 4 days. so WHO KNOWS whats goin on! well cya later

ashley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:57 am 

The baby grows alot in 3 tri is why u feel the way u do.i had 5 kids and currently 25wks with 6 baby.everything insid eu is pushed together at this stage so it hurts and hard to breathe sometimes