Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:19 pm 

Went back to the doc today. When they saw him on Monday his left ear was badly infected and his right ear looked like it might be getting infected. Well, when they saw him today they found his left ear is badly infected and his right ear is now also infected. Ugh!

I didn't understand when my wife told me that this is a three-shot course of antibiotics. The second shot was today. The doc said the first shot rarely clears things up. Now, due to the antibiotics, Jack is having frequent hard bowel movements and has a very red and irritated bum. It's so bad he didn't want me to put him in the bath tonight. He screamed like a banshee when he hit the water. Poor guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:33 pm 

That poor baby is having a hell of a month. Any talk about the tubes? Oh I just remembered when Mikey was little he used to get these real bad diaper rashes. The doctor would give me a prescribtion cream. The stuff was amazing. I used to renew it when he didn't have a rash this way it was always in the house. If he had a rash tonight and I sed it on him by morning it would be gone. And it has some sort of cooling thing in it so they get instant relief. Something called silverdine I think. Really great stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:57 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
That poor baby is having a hell of a month. Any talk about the tubes? Oh I just remembered when Mikey was little he used to get these real bad diaper rashes. The doctor would give me a prescribtion cream. The stuff was amazing. I used to renew it when he didn't have a rash this way it was always in the house. If he had a rash tonight and I sed it on him by morning it would be gone. And it has some sort of cooling thing in it so they get instant relief. Something called silverdine I think. Really great stuff

Wife takes him BACK to the pediatrician tomorrow. Those $20 co-pays are going to freakin' kill us. Anyhow, if it doesn't look better tomorrow she's going to have a talk with the doc about not completing the course of antibiotics. It's looking like the cure is worse than the "illness" in this case. The doc did say at one point that the next step if these shots don't work is a trip to the ear, nose, and throat doctor to discuss tubes. At this point I'm almost rooting for them. They helped my neice a lot when she was Jackson's age.

Something we discovered for rashes is called "Butt Paste". It works really well and cleared Jack's horrid rash up about halfway in a day. Another one is calmaceptine (or something spelled like it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:06 pm 

That poor baby is either miserable from an earache or being taking back to the doctors. It's like the worse of two evils for him. You are right on the co pays. At first you think 20 bucks is nothing. But now when I take the kids at the sametime that's 40 bucks. Then you noitce it more. And you don't want him to build up an immunity to the antibotics. Cause then if he needs them for something else it's not going to work. I think the tubes might be the way to go. Although it's easy for me to say it's not my kids. But I know two people that had them and I never heard anything bad about them if that helps any.
Oh I heard about that butt cream. I saw the inventor of that on a show a while ago. Apparently there is a million uses for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:19 pm 

Good news -- Jack's ears are cleared up. Now if we can just get rid of this horrible rash. The antibiotics are loostening him up down there and he's having bowel movements left and right. He's had four already today. Eesh! If it's not one thing it's another!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:07 pm 

WOOOOHOOOO!!! Finally. I guess the Steve household will all be sleeping nicely tonight. Try that silvadine. Good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:59 pm 

Eh .. if we can get this rash cleared up (he's probably in almost as much pain as he was with the ear .. that's how bad it is) we can start trying to sleep train him. He's been sick so frequently for the last month or two that whatever sleep schedule he's had has gone out the door. We'll work it out.

How's the croup?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:21 pm 

I guess it's one step forward and two steps back for you guys lately. That's frustrating. Well, spring is in about 28 days I think. That means most of these colds are gone. I hope.
Croup's gone. Although he had this rash on him so we went back to the doctors today. They said that's very common after a bad cold and it may take awahile but it will fade. And Miss payton has bronchytis. Not sure if I spelt that right but you know what I mean. Just got back from picking up the antibotics and cough medicine for her. But the doctor said she is no longer contagious. I was surprised to hear that. He said she was in the beginning of the week when she had the fever but not now. My husband had said in the office that we need to call and cancel the birthday party we were invited to for tomorrow and the doctor said it's not necessary. He said we can keep to our schedule she is not contagious and now that she's on the medicine we should see a dramatic change in her within a day or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:29 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
Croup's gone. Although he had this rash on him so we went back to the doctors today. They said that's very common after a bad cold and it may take awahile but it will fade. And Miss payton has bronchytis. Not sure if I spelt that right but you know what I mean. Just got back from picking up the antibotics and cough medicine for her. But the doctor said she is no longer contagious. I was surprised to hear that. He said she was in the beginning of the week when she had the fever but not now. My husband had said in the office that we need to call and cancel the birthday party we were invited to for tomorrow and the doctor said it's not necessary. He said we can keep to our schedule she is not contagious and now that she's on the medicine we should see a dramatic change in her within a day or two.

Holy cow. Maybe they need to seal off your house for a little while? Sounds like you've got all kinds of stuff running around in there. :? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:22 am 

I have been cleaning everything with either bleach or lysol. WHERE IS SPRING?????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:08 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
I have been cleaning everything with either bleach or lysol. WHERE IS SPRING?????????

Talk to the groundhog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:47 pm 

There is no ground hog. I had enoug of his bad news. He's stuffed now over the fireplace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:15 pm 
wow... this topic sure did make its rounds... ya not gonna email me no sicknesses r ya jenna? ;-) tehehe, jus playin girl!

steve, glad to hear that things are better.. i know all about them HARD bowel movements.. poor kenzi been trying to poo all day, it is coming out bits at a time, and VERy pasty.. almost non passable fer a baby her size:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:50 pm 

MissSparky wrote:
steve, glad to hear that things are better.. i know all about them HARD bowel movements.. poor kenzi been trying to poo all day, it is coming out bits at a time, and VERy pasty.. almost non passable fer a baby her size:(

Ugh .. yeah, we've had those. Mostly it's just frequency problems. He had FIVE poops today. His little rear end is a bit raw still, but we're keeping the rash at bay for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:00 am 

Try vasaline too Steve. I put it on Payton's butt and knock wood she has never had a rash. And she's on antibotics now too so we are up to our ears in poop and all is fine with the butt. It acts like a shield