Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4 year old baby
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:38 pm 

Hi we have a 4 yr old and 3 month old the 4 yr old want to be a baby diapers, bottles and crib he tells us he wants to be just like the baby. We do not know what to do thanks gerry.

Post subject: Re: 4 year old baby
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:16 am 

gerry wrote:
Hi we have a 4 yr old and 3 month old the 4 yr old want to be a baby diapers, bottles and crib he tells us he wants to be just like the baby. We do not know what to do thanks gerry.

Sounds fairly normal. The four-year-old wants the kind of attention he used to get but can no longer get. He figures if he acts like the baby, you'll pay attention to him. Try talking to him about all of the things he can do that the baby can't. Also, if you don't already, go do stuff with just him once in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm 

Steve hit that right on the head. RIght after we had Payton I signed Mikey up for a mommy and me program. So once a week grammy comes to stay with payton and Mikey and Mommy go out to a special place. He loves it. He gets to do something with mommy without sharing. Today he was supposed to have a playdate afterwards, they cancelled and the last minute so I just took him to lunch. He thought it was the best. I also found if we let Mikey help with things for the baby he really felt needed and important. We also pretty much let him do whatever around the baby. He talks to her and tried to show her toys. I never tell him no. He's easy enough around her that I want him to feel like she's not off limits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:04 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
I also found if we let Mikey help with things for the baby he really felt needed and important. .

Forgot about that one. I was giving Jackson a bath the other night and Hannah was feeling left out. She wanted to get in with him. Instead of that (he's still too little to have her slashing around in there with him) I came up with things she could "help" me do, such as getting a towel for me, a washcloth, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:39 pm 

This last week the two kids have been taking a bath together in the tub. They both love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:36 am 

jenna103 wrote:
This last week the two kids have been taking a bath together in the tub. They both love it.

At some point we'll do that I'm sure. Just not comfortable enough with the idea just yet. Hannah loves to stretch out on her belly and play with her bath toys and such. She won't be able to do that, and she'll have a problem with Jackson playing with her toys. Plus, she likes bubble bath, and I know Jack would try to eat the bubbles.. lol. For us, it's probably best to have them bathe seperately for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:17 am 

Mikey has not yet done that stretching out in the bath thing. He just sits there and plays with is toys. And so far he's been sharing. Although she's content just watching him play. Mikey like bubbles too so I use the baby wash. As teh bath is filing I add it in. This way there's some bubbles for him but not too many that I have to worry about her.
Is Jackson 110% yet? We had Mikey at the doctors friday he has croup (sp?) and actually today I am feeling it so I know it's a matter of time before the baby gets it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:56 am 

My two used to bathe together...what a pain it was LOL. My dd wanted to get in with her brother so I let her. I thought she would be the problem with her laying down and splashing but it ended up being the other way around. My ds had her crying to get out. He loves baths and doesn't stop moving while in the water and she wanted him to be still and quit splashing. It was to cute. Our bathroom is soaked when my ds is done bathing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:29 pm 

OUr bathroom is soaked too. As am I. But they love it and it's easier in the long run so why not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:42 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
Is Jackson 110% yet? We had Mikey at the doctors friday he has croup (sp?) and actually today I am feeling it so I know it's a matter of time before the baby gets it.

No ... Jackson is not 110%. He was for four wonderful days, and then he caught another stinking cold and we fear he has another stinking ear infection. Wife is taking him to the doc tomorrow to see. He's been very cranky and is pulling at his ear. Sounds about right. I fear we're barrelling toward tubes in the ears.

Sorry Mikey is sick. What exactly IS the croup? I've heard of it. Is it a bad cough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:02 pm 

Steve I a so sorry. That is sooo frustrating. Did he go to the doctor's today?
It's a very bad cough. Sounds like a barking seal. Fever, hoarse voice, runny nose and cranky too. And now Payton has it. Oh boy. It's going to be along week. Meanwhile my husband is away on business starting tomorrow. Lucky. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:39 am 

jenna103 wrote:
Steve I a so sorry. That is sooo frustrating. Did he go to the doctor's today?
It's a very bad cough. Sounds like a barking seal. Fever, hoarse voice, runny nose and cranky too. And now Payton has it. Oh boy. It's going to be along week. Meanwhile my husband is away on business starting tomorrow. Lucky. LOL!!

Good timing on that business trip. He must have had inside info when he planned that one. My father used to have the best timing on trips like that. He was always in California when it snowed here in Virginia.

Wife took the Jackman to the doc today. He said it's not another ear infection .. it's the SAME ONE he had last week. His left ear is badly infected and his right one is mildly infected. They decided not to fool with the oral antibiotics this time, and went straight to the shot. He said they're going to keep a close eye on this because the boy is very close to the threshhold for tubes in his ears :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:54 am 

It's amazing how his business trips fall sometimes. LOL!! I didn't know you were in Virginia. I have family there. And friends just moved there last month.
Ugh the sameone. That poor baby. WHat kind of shot was it?
A friend of ours just got the tubes done on her baby. She was upset but she said it was like a10 minute procedure. She said it was no big deal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:42 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
It's amazing how his business trips fall sometimes. LOL!! I didn't know you were in Virginia. I have family there. And friends just moved there last month.
Ugh the sameone. That poor baby. WHat kind of shot was it?
A friend of ours just got the tubes done on her baby. She was upset but she said it was like a10 minute procedure. She said it was no big deal

I'm fairly certain it was just an antibiotic shot. He seemed slightly better today but was still yanking at his ear and crying. He goes back to the pediatrician for a follow-up tomorrow. We'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:10 pm 

Keep us posted