Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:26 am 

For the mothers that are out there, i just found out that i was pregnant 2 days ago, and i am 5 1/2 months already, my due date is May6th, Surprise, I went to the doctor in August when i first thought i was, had the blood test and urine test, 2 home prenancy tests they all come back negative. but i really was, i guess my concerns are that now that i am 23 - 24 weeks into this they can't do a ,correct me if i am wrong, but a alphafetal test to see if there is any sign of downs, or birth defects, which when in the interview they have told me yesterday, that now if there are problems its to late to tell, i guess when i found out that i was, i started to look back at what i have done over the part 5 months, nothing to bad but has me a bit scared. i told the doctor that i have taken tylenol PM because i could sleep because after both of my surgery in the summer i couldn't sleep well, she said that should be no problem, and i think i might have had 2-3 drinks, all on different occasions, i think like one for christmas, one while we went out to eat, so i guess if there is any advice on maybe what to expect please feel free to give the advice, i am excited now that i know that theres a little person inside of me, oh yeah they think its a girl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:58 am 

I wouldn't be too worried!! If you knew there were problems would you abort her? If not, don't worry about the fetal screening. I chose not to have it done because it would cause undue worry about something I can't change and someone I won't love less. I feel that God gives us the baby we are supposed to have. A few drinks and tylenol pm won't do anything. She'll be ok, just make sure you follow the "rules" from now on. You should be able to feel her move now or pretty soon at least. Have fun and congrats!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:09 pm 

Yea like Marianne said, I wouldn't be too worried about a couple drinks and some tylenol. I'm sure you guys are fine. Stressing out too much can harm your baby though so try to take it easy, relax, and enjoy your pregnancy! It is already half over! It's kinda weird that they said it's too late to tell if there are any defects though... you'd think that they'd be able to tell alot more now that she is more developed as opposed to less developed??? I don't know... Anyway CONGRATS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:15 pm 

Congrats on your pregnancy!
Just curious....did you still get your period or bleed for the first 5 months?
Also, when I found out I was pregnant with my son, it was the week after Christmas and I was so worried because I had a couple of drinks at a Christmas party two weeks before finding out. My son turned out fine so don't worry. I also did not get any fetal screening done (by choice) for Down's syndrome.....whatever is meant to be is meant to be....at least, that's how I feel.

Good luck :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:00 pm 

I wouldnt worry either, its not like you drank or took medicine every single day, you should be fine...
CONGRATS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:58 am 

i agree with everyone about the birth deffects screening test. i did not get mine either. i asked my mom about it and she "well if there was something wrong would it change your mind?" me and my husband both said "no it would not" so i did'nt get the test. as far as the tylenol and the few drinks i woulnd not worry. my cousin did'nt find out till she was 4 1/2 months and went to partys and drank and had a healthy 8 pound baby boy. other than that congrats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:05 pm 

Congrats on your pregnancy!! I've heard of women like you that didn't know they were pregnant until half through their pregnancy.. I agree with the other girls.. A couple of drinks shouldn't hurt the baby so just try to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Niki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:10 pm 

Hello first congrats!! I would get a second opinion I just had my test done yesterday and all they do is draw your blood. as for taking tylenol pm its ok I take it occasionally and it wont hurt the baby. I'm am however suprised all your tests came back negative, But congrats on your pregnancy and good luck..Mandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:41 pm 

Hello!! I was in the same situation as you are when i found i was pregnant last June. I didn't know until i was 12 weeks, which defenatly is not as far long as you are, but i did do some bad things within those 12 weeks. I was drunk twice, really drunk. I also moved during that time and carried very heavy boxes by myself. When I found out that i was pregnant I never touched another drop of alchol and started to eat really healthy and take vitamins. I'm glad to say my 3 week old daughter is doing great and there were never and complications with the rest of my prenancy or birth. I wouldn't worry about it to much just start to take care of yourself. I would suggest to drink lots of water and make sure you take time to rest each day. Anyways Good luck!!
-Kel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:27 pm 

Kel :D This post is from Jan 2005 - Brandy had her baby a loooong time ago - just incase you wonder if she doesnt reply :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:25 am 

I was a bit confused there. . .I though, is she pregnant again? I wish Sam would delete these old posts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:34 pm 

:lol: So did I Suzanne! ha ha and I was thinking 'the same thing happened again??!!'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 am 

So did Brandy have the baby? Did everything turn out all right?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:34 pm 

Amazing Story Brandy! How did things turn out?