Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:51 pm 

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am pregnant for this first time. I have reached my 20th week and I am still not really showing. I've got a little tiny beer gut that showed up last week. I had my gender telling sonogram 3 days ago. The technician said that everything looked good. He also said that my baby is about 1/2 week smaller than they would expect.

Should I concerned? I am worried that I am not gaining enough weight.

Thank you for any advice or wisdom.

Post subject: It all depends
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:39 pm 

1/2 week is definatly not anything to worry about I was measuring 4 weeks behind but I gave birth to a beautiful 7.5 pound baby girl a month ago. As far as showiing I didn't really look preggo until around 27 weeks if your really small you'll show sooner than a heavier person. As long as dr says all is good don't worry at all or at least try not too. Congrats and good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:35 pm 

Some women's bodies can hide a pregnancy very well. My mom hardly showed throughout her pregnancy. She was very skinny too. I just sat back in her. I also had a friend that hide her pregnancy from her parents (she lived with them) until she was 7.5 months. The only reason they found out was because they found her prenatals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:07 pm 

I would not rush it if I were you. You will show when it is your time. I am about 24 weeks and I look like I am 9 months. That is what everyone it telling. Then I hate when everyone tries to rub my belly. First you call me fat and then you try to rub my stomach.lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:20 am 

in my pregnancy i was overweight when i started and then i had only gained 6 pounds but dropped 65 and the doctor said that sometimes when you are a little over weight you tend to lose and not gain however i am almost 6 months now and have gained 16 pounds total so you do gain a little. i wouldn't be alarmed if your doctor isn't saying much about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:42 pm 

With my first pregnancy I did not show until I was almost 24 weeks, I did not even know I was pregnant until about 16 weeks. With my second I knew immediately but did not start showing until 4 months. With this currently pregnancy I feel like I started showing as soon as I saw the positive results. Every pregnancy is different and in my opinion age makes a difference also. I have also heard that the position of your uterus is a factor in where and how much you show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:52 am 

Welcome to the board! I wouldn't worry about not showing much at 5 months. Everyone carries different. Measuring 1/2 week smaller is not anything to worry about. What is your doctor saying about your weight gain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:37 pm 

I didn't show that much when I was that far along either. Now (at 32 weeks) people ask if I'm carrying twins! lol. I was also worried that I wasnt showing enough either but I popped out like jiffy pop eventually! :wink: Everyone is different but if you are worried that you havent gained enough weight Talk to your doctor about it. He/she will most likely be able to calm your fears!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:32 pm 

~hey~
I wouldn't worry to much, I am just now starting to get a little belly!!
I also just found out I'am having a little boy!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:27 pm 

You are fine.

I didn't show until I was about 7 mnths along. I still fit in all my clothes almost my entire pregnancy. You will be okay.

Good luck!