My name is Katie and i am in an honors adolescent development class at ISU. I am doing a project based on feed back from parents of adolescents. So if any one out there has/has had adolescent(s) and has some free time, please give me your insight and experiences. You can answer any or all of the questions. If you want to email me about any of this or anything else you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What are the biggest joys, as well as challenges, in parenting teens?
2. What types of disputes do you experience with your teen?
3. What coping mechanisms do you use to deal with these disputes?
4. What are your feelings about your teen getting into steady romantic relationships?
What guidelines or rules will you (or have you) established?
5. What are your feelings about your teen and part-time work?
6. What types of changes have your experienced as a result of parenting a teen?
7. What are your feelings about the friends of your teens?
Do you have guidelines or expectancies that you share with your teen regarding their friends?
8. Do you feel that your teen respects your decisions? Why or why not?
9. Do you feel that being a teen is more or less stressful than your own teen experience?
10. What words of advice would you give to an individual just starting to parent a teen?