Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: am i pregnant?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:45 am 
when me and my boyfriend had sex a few days ago ( Feb 22) the condom broke but it was hardly in he said and he pulled it out right when it snapped. and this was a day after my period had stopped, he assured me that the chances are low because the condom had spermicide (it was a trojan) and that he didn't cum in me, but i'm still very paranoid because i think there was precum. i want to take the pregnancy test tomorrow morning (feb.27th) but i wouldn't know if the results would be right or not.
does anyone have a clue if i'm pregnant or not? or if the results would be accurate or not? if so please reply ASAP or instant message me at (aiya its randiii) a answer would be much appreciated!!! please and thank yous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:25 am 
you should take a test, that is more accurate than asking us if you are or not, we really cant tell you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:52 am 
what's your opinion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:24 am 
Take the test but if you just had sex on the 22 and that is the date you are concerned about then you are probably not. I don't think the math works out, but everyones body is different so just take a test. That is the ONLY sure way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:14 pm 

It's too early to test accurately. You can't do anything but wait until mid March.

For future reference, if the condom breaks again or anything along those lines you can take emergency contraceptives upto 72 hours afterwards. Contact your local Planned Parenthood to find out more.

Post subject: About Condoms Breaking
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:02 pm 

The only reason they normally would break if you are using oil based creams, lotions, etc (vasoline, ...etc..).

Future reference, if using lubricant, make sure it is "WATER BASED". It will not break down the latex in the condom.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:13 pm 

Miley_Newlyweds wrote:
The only reason they normally would break if you are using oil based creams, lotions, etc (vasoline, ...etc..).

Future reference, if using lubricant, make sure it is "WATER BASED". It will not break down the latex in the condom.

Also exposure to heat will break them down. That's why you shouldn't carry condoms in your wallet. And pay attention to the expiration date.

Post subject: Condoms
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:30 am 

.....or if they are past thier expiration date...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:13 pm 

Some pregnancy tests advertise that they are 99% accurate even after a week or so... so I'd test ASAP..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:27 pm 
I thought the earliest is 4 to 5 days before your period is due. I could be wrong though. That is the earliest I have heard of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:35 pm 

HeatherHerzek wrote:
Some pregnancy tests advertise that they are 99% accurate even after a week or so... so I'd test ASAP..

It's up to five days before your period. And the 99% accurate is if you get a positive result. You can actually test whenever and the test will be 99% accurate as long as the results come up positive. Even on the early results test they recommend that for best results you wait at least until the day that you're suppose to get your period.

If you read through the pamphlet that comes with the HPT it'll give you a percent of women who are pregnant who test positive at five days before. That is something like 50-60% depending on the test.

I feel like a know it all... I've just retained a lot of what I've read and I think I've read just about every little pamphlet that goes through the bathroom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:52 pm 
I thought that was right :) Thanks for clearing it up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:56 pm 

Lol Maryam, I retain information like that too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:58 pm 

Ah. Well I dunno! I took my test when I was like 8 weeks pregnant, so it was definitely past time for me. I don't trust any kind of "birth control" anymore, since I was on it when I got pregnant.. I guess I was that lucky 1%!! I love my baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:49 am 
i used a cheap test lol, from the family dollar store, and i got a positive in like 30 second.. although, when i went to ave the blood test done, and then an ultrasound 2 days later, i was 8 weeks..