Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Am I Pregnant?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:35 pm 

Hi everyone... I'm 18 and have been on the Pill for less than a year. Last month I was pretty erratic in taking pills and then this month, on November 7, after my period, I took one pill everyday for 3 days and then I ended up forgetting for 6 days. After the 6 days without pills (so on the 10th day of my pill pack), I had some light spotting, unlike a regular period (it also wasn't time for my period). I haven't taken any pills since then on the suspicion I may be pregnant. I've been feeling really rundown and a little irritable, and my legs have felt really weak. I have had a little dizziness and have noticed some puffiness in my lower abdomen, different from PMS bloating. I have had some waves of nausea but no vomiting. I've taken two HPTs, one last Wednesday and one yesterday, and both came out negative. Could I be pregnant? Please help, I'm very confused!! Thanks everyone <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:38 pm 

It's hard to say - but if your last period started around November 3 - 5th, then you may have ovulated around the 15th or so of the month - depending on your cycle. So - a HPT probably won't show results until the end of November or beginning of December. Keep in mind that messing around with your pills can cause a lot of weird symptoms. Keep us updated!

Post subject: Oops!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:26 pm 

Actually, my first day of LMP was october 21. I forgot that I got it early from stopping my pills. I still have no period, just the three days of light spotting. So by my count (I'm a 28 day cycle) my period should have been here the 19th of November, but still nothing. I've still only had negative urine tests. Any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:23 pm 

what was very weird was that i had been on the pill almost a year... september i had been very forgetful and i would end up taking 2 or 3 pills a day... i thought it was fine because i ended getting my period anyway... the next month october... samething... i got what seemed to be my period but then it was very abnormal... it wouldnt stop... it was just light days all around.. i thought it was funny and so i tested myself just to rule it out... turns out that i was pregnant... i recently found out how long i was pregnant for and it turns out im about 11 weeks pregnant now!... im sorry i dont mean to scare you but its just when on birth control pills you HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL... just because you are on the pill doesnt mean your invinceable.... you still ovulate and you still produce everything you normally do... just be careful... some advice for you is to wait till the end of the month... if you think you received your period already then wait after it and then test again... if anything go to your doctor and ask your doctor to do a test on you if you are pregnant... they can measure your hcg levels.... good luck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:19 pm 

Well, I just took an EPT and there is a very distinct minus line but a very faint plus sign... it says on the test that they may be different shades of blue.... I'm pregnant! Thanks for all the help guys! <3 Liz

Post subject: ticker test
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:38 pm