Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:35 pm 

Hi everyone I have a silly question. I am a first time mommy so I need your help. Im 15 weeks prego and my belly is already kinda popping out. Not so much that you can tell Im prego. It could go either way: I have a puggy tummy or Im showing. But my question was did any of you start to show this early? Also my tummy isn't really hard, it is more on the soft flubby side. I haven't really gained much either. I was 116 and only gained about 5 lbs, is that alot? LOL, you guys are probably laughing at me.. I know I am. cangrats to all and have a healthly baby!

xoxox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:17 pm 

No that is not a lot of weight gain. I think I gained like 4-6 pounds in the last 2 weeks but the baby is getting bigger and I am showing a lot more. Yes you are probably showing. I started showing about then! In the next few weeks you'll really notice. It gets to be fun as you get bigger. I just can't wait until I can feel the baby move all the time. I have only felt it twice but soon I think I will feel it more frequently. I also have my ultrasound on Wed to find out if it is a girl or boy!! Yeah I am so excited. Congrats and welcome to the board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:18 pm 

I would say you are showing. I don't think my stomach got hard till about month 4 or so. But I remember the pouchy weird feeling almost felt like silly putty. I don't know how to describe it. I was wearing maternity clothes at 12 weeks because they felt comfortable. And after all you should be comfortable at this time in you life. Cause you may never be again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:25 pm 

Thought I would reply to Marianne too. I felt my first child move (what seemed like non stop at times) around 22 weeks. Seems like he loved moving at night or whenever I really wanted to sleep. Wait until your baby does his first somersault in your tummy. You can really tell how tight the quarters are then! But it is worth it. I have to tell you this story. I was about 7 months along at this point. My husband does construction working 10 hour days. So in his sleep right when he starts to REM he flicks his wrist and fist like he is hammering, not hard but ever so slightly but you can tell that is what he is doing. Well he had his hand on my tummy on night and I couldn't sleep and the baby was tossing and turning trying to get comfortable. He must have been starting to get into REM sleep cause sure enough he started the hammer motion. Then the baby started. Everytime my husband poked my tummy the baby kicked back. This went on for a few minutes till I broke up their fight. They have been butting heads ever since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:26 pm 

I just kinda get nervous sometimes because I read about all these people feeling their babies and I have only felt mine 2 times and haven't felt in in almost 2 weeks. I am sure it is moving but maybe I am just attributing feelings in my stomach to something else when it is really the baby. I don't know. I just feel like I should be feeling it more. I am happy to see it Wed. morning so I can calm down as see that it really is moving and healthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:53 pm 

thanks for the responds everyone! It eases me to think it's more baby then chunk! It is exciting to watch your belly grow, it just reminds me that I am getting more futher along. Hope everyone is well! How far along can you be to tell what you will be having? THANX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:40 pm 

They can tell by 18 weeks whether it is a boy or girl. I go in tomorrow to find out!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:05 pm 

thank you for that info! Do you want a boy or a girl. I did want a boy, but at this time all I care about is she or he is healthy. Keep me posted on what you are having, I'd love to know. Oh yeah have any of you ever had those fetal fotos done? The 4d ultra sounds? I was considering getting them done. Also does anyone know if it safe for me to get my nails done?

Baby dust from me to all you.