Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:33 pm
Posts: 11
This is my first time being pregnant, so I have many questions that just pop into my head and I dont want to wait until I go back to the doctor to get an answer. But I do eventually remember to ask the doc. about them. ANYWAY.... I was curious about amnionic fluid leaking. Today I felt kind of a 'gush' of fluid (enough to make me change underwear). I havent had anything like that since this afternoon so I wasnt sure if it was the amnionic fluid or just discharge??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:30 pm
Posts: 599
Location: Toronto
Well it's kinda hard to tell. Coincidentally, today I also felt very um, wet, for lack of a better word (sorry if thats kinda graphic). I just stayed calm and monitored the situation today and so far I haven't got as much discharge as that one time. Sorry hun but there is no way for anyone on here to tell you for sure what it was. But if you continue to get alot of discharge then I would go to get it checked out asap just to be safe! I am about a week ahead of you and this is also my first time being pregnant. Kinda cool how we're so close together in our pregnancies! I'm nervous as hell how 'bout you? :wink: Well anyway I hope you had a good holiday and be sure to keep me posted! Good luck!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:34 pm
Posts: 172
Location: NC
It could have been your mucous plug. If it looks kind of like cold. That is what it is. But as for water breaking or leaking. It will keep on leaking. You will know it when you feel it. You might be having urinary incointence like I am any little thing like a cough or laugh. And I have to go change. I hope I helped. The things a woman goes through to give birth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:01 am
Posts: 56
Location: CA
Call your doctor right away. I had the exact same thing happen to me at 33 weeks. I knew it wasn't pee because it wasn't as warm or yellow, it was clear. I called my midwife and she said it (wetness in your underwear) happens often at this stage and there is a 99% chance it is NOT amniotic fluid, BUT on the 1% chance it is, she had me come in right away (that day as soon as I could get there) so that they could take a sample of the fluid and look at it under a microscope. It turned out to be nomal and I went on my merry way. But if it is aminoctic fluid, you can get an infection that is deadly to baby!! So it is very important to call your doctor and ask what they'd like you to do! Let us know how it goes and congratulations on your pregnancy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:41 pm
Posts: 904
Location: Long Island
I agree with babystar. You both should check with your doctor. At least call you don't want to take any chances. It doesn't sound like your muscus plug cause I lost mine with my daughter and it was just a blob of a little blood and mucus. Doesn't sound anything like what you had.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

phpBB SEO