Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:34 am 

This is my first time being pregnant, so I have many questions that just pop into my head and I dont want to wait until I go back to the doctor to get an answer. But I do eventually remember to ask the doc. about them. ANYWAY.... I was curious about amnionic fluid leaking. Today I felt kind of a 'gush' of fluid (enough to make me change underwear). I havent had anything like that since this afternoon so I wasnt sure if it was the amnionic fluid or just discharge??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:36 am 

Well it's kinda hard to tell. Coincidentally, today I also felt very um, wet, for lack of a better word (sorry if thats kinda graphic). I just stayed calm and monitored the situation today and so far I haven't got as much discharge as that one time. Sorry hun but there is no way for anyone on here to tell you for sure what it was. But if you continue to get alot of discharge then I would go to get it checked out asap just to be safe! I am about a week ahead of you and this is also my first time being pregnant. Kinda cool how we're so close together in our pregnancies! I'm nervous as hell how 'bout you? :wink: Well anyway I hope you had a good holiday and be sure to keep me posted! Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:40 am 

It could have been your mucous plug. If it looks kind of like cold. That is what it is. But as for water breaking or leaking. It will keep on leaking. You will know it when you feel it. You might be having urinary incointence like I am any little thing like a cough or laugh. And I have to go change. I hope I helped. The things a woman goes through to give birth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:23 am 

Call your doctor right away. I had the exact same thing happen to me at 33 weeks. I knew it wasn't pee because it wasn't as warm or yellow, it was clear. I called my midwife and she said it (wetness in your underwear) happens often at this stage and there is a 99% chance it is NOT amniotic fluid, BUT on the 1% chance it is, she had me come in right away (that day as soon as I could get there) so that they could take a sample of the fluid and look at it under a microscope. It turned out to be nomal and I went on my merry way. But if it is aminoctic fluid, you can get an infection that is deadly to baby!! So it is very important to call your doctor and ask what they'd like you to do! Let us know how it goes and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:49 pm 

I agree with babystar. You both should check with your doctor. At least call you don't want to take any chances. It doesn't sound like your muscus plug cause I lost mine with my daughter and it was just a blob of a little blood and mucus. Doesn't sound anything like what you had.