Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ampicillin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:25 pm 

Yesterday i went to the dr (well the Nurse Practitioner) for having some really uncomfortable back pains to the point where i couldn't breath..and they said i was starting to get a bladder infection so they gave me this stuff called Ampicillin because they wanted to make sure it took care of the bladder infection and that it didn't go to a kidney infection..i'm fine and dandy with takin the meds even though there is some cases where it can cause a yeast infection :evil: but i'll live as long as it keeps my little girl (Madison) ok....my one concern is that today when i started to take the meds she hasn't been moving as much as she usually does...i was wondering if anybody else during their pregnancy was perscribed Ampicillin for a bladder infection and had the same thing happen...sorry about the long post just a little concerned that Madison isn't moving as much as she usually does..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:32 pm 
Never had to take anything sorry. I would give your doctor a call but first maybe try drinking some sweet juice or even something like a coke with caffeine in it to see if she wakes up and starts moving. But definatly call if she does not move after that because it is always better to be safe than sorry esp. when it comes to the little one inside you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:06 pm 

I wouldn't be too worried about it since you're only 19 weeks. You're not going to be feeling regular movement for at least another 5 weeks. The baby is still too small, more than likely under a pound. It could be that she's kicking in the opposite direction so you can't feel it. Or you could be more active right now and not notice any movement.

I highly doubt an OB would prescribe anything that would be harmful to your child, especially without telling you so. If you're really worried, give them a call to ease your mind. The worse that happens is that they get annoyed. And just think about the amount of money they make off of this, they can be annoyed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:03 pm 

yeah well i do feel her move quite frequently..she starts to move at a normal time already and thats usually between 8 and 9 in the morning and then she usually stops around 10 at night with some brief moments of no movement...i told my mom about her not moving that much today and my mom said if she doesn't move much tomorrow that i can call the dr...i don't know how much she weighs right now but she is a big baby i know that much...i notice she started t omove a littlemore when i was eating but after i stopped she stopped soon after....but we'll see how things go i have to take this perscription for 10 days and i take it 4 times a day...i'll keep posted on how things are going...if worst comes to worst i can end up mentioning it to my dr when i go in for my regular scheduled appointment on thursday next week...