Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: and another thing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:24 pm 

Why is it..when I watch like TLC and whatnot, when I see women get an epidural and everything, they are all relazed and dandy until they start pushing, and THEN...they scream when the baby is coming out? Like it hurts? I thought epidurals killed the pain..SO WHY...are these women screaming?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:21 pm 

haha! AHHHHHHH baby story...ok I don't know what you saw, baby story is so friggin edited ("real" labour is nothing like that) AND about the chick screaming after she had an epi...........DOES ANYONE SEE MY POSTS?? Or are they invisible to everyone but me... :roll: :roll: :roll: WE cannot tell you what happened with the chick on baby story, ANYTHING can happen during labour...of course she screamed! it doesn't tickle! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:13 am 

As hannahs mommy will tell you,they have a nasty habit of turning off the epi when it comes time to push,and the pushing is th hardest part of labour and crowning is the most painful :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:20 pm 

I know when I had my epidural it took away all the pain. I could move my legs a little bit like when I had to push myself up or whatever. But when I started to have to push, all I felt was a little bit pressure. I started getting scared because I thought I was going to feel the baby coming out. But I didn't feel anything.

Now my sister is a different story. She got the epidural and it took away ONLY the pain of her contractions. She felt EVERYTHING else. She did good with it though, never screamed (though you could definitely see the pain in her face) Now I am a little scared of that happening to me when I have this baby. But if it does, It will hurt for a little while then it will be over and I'll get over it.

As far as the baby story stuff, they are probably screaming because they are pushing so hard they just have to let some kind of yelp out or they might just be feeling the pressure. That is hard having to push with all you have until the nurses count to 10 like three times or however many times.

Hannah's Mommy, yeah people do see your posts but sometimes it just feels better to ask the question even though people can't exactly answer them. Try not to act aggrivated when people ask questions that you can't answer.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Good Luck with everything

Maya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:09 pm 

maya633 wrote:

Hannah's Mommy, yeah people do see your posts but sometimes it just feels better to ask the question even though people can't exactly answer them. Try not to act aggrivated when people ask questions that you can't answer.

Maya

OH MY, CHICK! Don't talk to me when you don't know what you are talking about! I'm not frustrated cause I can't awnser her question. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:43 pm 

I screamed and I had an epi...but the darn thing ran out so I felt everything...

I was polite about everything but I yelled at them if they put my legs down and I told em to get the thing out of me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:40 am 

I didn't have that problem. I think it is like most things with pregnancy...it is different for everyone.

I didn't get an epidural until I was dialated to about a 7. Maybe that is why it lasted longer. I have heard of people getting an epi really early in the labor and then it running out. I don't know for sure though. I also know of a few people that just really can't take pain. Some people are just a lot more sensitive to pain.

With my epi...I could kind of feel the contractions, and I was fully able to push. I didn't have complete comfort...I mean, come on. You are pushing a baby out! Haha!!! My anestesiologist told me up front, "We are going for 75% pain reduction." And, that is exactly what I got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:22 pm 

I really just thought it was kinda funny! Because they give them the epi and they are all relaxed and then when they start to push they start screaming and saying it hurts! LOL! Me and Chris actually laugh at the shows..it was just something on mind, and at the time I felt like posting. And yes Hannah's mommy, we read your posts...I just don't always remember what was said or posted..
*blonde*