Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:18 am 

I tried searcing for old posts on books that are good to read about pregnancy. But I didn't find any...if there is one there then I'm sorry to ask a question that's already been asked.

But does anyone have suggestions of good books to read about pregnancy?

This is my first pregnancy and I just found out. And I'm an only child with a husband who was the youngest (by ten years) of four...so neither one of us grew up around pregnant ladies. I want a healthy pregnancy. I'm so excited and I haven't let it fully sink in yet...that'll happen after I can see the doctor to confirm what 4 hpt have already done.

Thanks for all your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:22 am 

Hey,
At your first doctors appt they should give you lots of neat stuff to read about pregnancy,...also my doctor gave me a book called WHAT TO EXPECT WHILE YOUR EXPECTING and its great!!!
Hope that helps!!

Post subject: beelly laughs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:11 pm 

By jenny macarthy its hilarious and tells you what to expect in not so technical terms.
kerri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:23 pm 

I think I've heard of that Jenny McCarthy one...I might have to check that out.

I bought What to Expect When You're Expecting, and so far it's good, there's a lot I didn't know (although some of it is scary).

I also got Your Pregnancy Week by Week (suggested by a co-worker who is expecting Feb. 4). It's really good...so even though I asked for good books here's one for others to learn about.

Thanks for the help on the books. If anyone knows of others I want to hear about those too...there's 30-some odd more weeks until the baby is here so I have lots of time to read lots of books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:32 pm 

The one by Jenny Mc Carthy is good and funny!! It is called Belly Laughs (I think)!!

Post subject: A 1st year book for Dads
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:12 am 
Site Admin

Ladies,

I am writing a review for a new book called Be Prepared, A Practical Handbook for New Dads. You can expect to see my review on the Baby Place web site in a couple of weeks in the books section. The book is by Gary Greenburg and Jeannie Hayden. It's not a pregnancy book per se, but rather a book to be read by the father during the 1st year. It?s a great book. I have to admit that I picked up the 'What to Expect" series and put it back down pretty quickly. It?s just not for guys. This book, Be Prepared, is for guys. It?s written in a humorous way that will make your partner laugh as he learns how to deal with junior or junioritta. The book is published by Simon & Schuster and costs $11.95.

J.T.
Moderator/Webmaster
Baby-Place.com

Post subject: Other books
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 pm 

I would recommend looking for some of the books written by Sheila Kitzinger, especially since you mentioned wanting a healthy pregnancy. Of course Amazon have a wide range. If you go to http://tinyurl.com/2rdhd it will take you straight to a selection of pregnancy books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:26 pm 

What To Expect When You're Expecting.....It's like a bible for expectant mothers...an absolute must!! :)
Congrats & Good luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:39 am 

If you're having a hard time with morning sickness or any other pregnancy pains I found a book called Pregnancy Sucks. It's really funny, explains what's going on without putting you to sleep. Somethings it gives you advice on how to cope with.