Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: any tips??
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:06 pm 

as you know im 12 weeks pregnant now and i notice something that i feel is a problem. i know i should be eating whatever i want now because im eating for two but my problem is my nauseasness. i get so nauseas that i dont want to eat. and when i do want to eat it has to be what im in the mood for and if what i want isnt there for me to eat then i wont eat at all. i find myself eating once or if im lucky twice a day! and when i do eat i dont even finish i always just eat half never all of it. is there something wrong with me? or is there anything i can do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:08 pm 

I would make sure you keep eating but I didn't have much of an appetite in the beginning and boy has that changed. Around 18-20 weeks I started getting hungry all the time like eating full blown meals 5-6 times a day. I am sure you'll be fine but make sure you eat even if it is just a little, your baby needs the nutrients and hopefully the nausea will go away soon!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:51 pm 

Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you have to eat for two. Eating in the first trimester can be very tricky too. Something can sound good one minute and have you puking the next. Don't force yourself to eat, especially things that know you don't want. The baby is the first to take the nutrients from your system. Don't worry about depriving him/her.

Make sure you do keep lots of fluids in your system. If you can handle it try orange juice to make sure you get the folate. And don't forget your prenatal (best right before bed so you can fall asleep before it gets to your stomach). Your appetite will pick up in another month or so. Your baby will be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:33 am 

I agree with Maryam. You don't have to eat more than normal. Nausea can be horrible and I couldn't eat much with my first. The smells made me so sick. My 2nd I could eat but it would just come back up anyway. You're appetite will pick up later. Do take your vitamins because they are more for you, like Maryam said the baby takes the nutrients from you and you replenish them with the vitamins. It should get better. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:50 pm 

I could not even hold down liquids for the first 16 weeks. I could have even take my prenatals. I couldn't even drink water! Once that stage was over I could finally eat, but the vitamins are still a problem for me. My doctor told me to take Flinstones (two instead of one) and I can sometimes keep these down. I'm at 21 weeks and my baby is actually measuring large for her age. Things have a way of finally passing. I did not know how I was going to survive the first 4 months, but I did and I knew that I would never want to have more children, but I do. I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time. I just want to let you know that it will end. If you absolutely cannot stop throwing up, your doctor can prescribe you some suppositories (there really no other way for you to take it) that stop the vomiting. They worked wonders for me, but they did make me extra tired. They will not take away the nausea however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:52 pm 

Everyone experiences that. Just try to eat a little even if you don't feel like. A little something is better than nothing