Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone due in February?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:59 am 

I haven't seen many people that are due around me!! I am due February 13th!! This is my first pregnancy and I am really excited and nervous (mostly about the delivery and pain after, and the epidural too). Our names we have picked are Jeremiah Mason (or Marshall after my grandpa) or Jadyn Trinity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:32 pm 

Hi,

I have been a lurker for quite some time now and just finally decided to register. Anyways, I am also due in Feb, feb 25 to beexact, although I believe that I am a few more weeks pregnant than the ultrasound said that I am. Anyways, we also have some names picked out. Aden Andrew (andrew for my grandfather) or Keira Mackenzie (although Mackenzie is still up in the air, hubby doesnt really like it).
So how has the pregnancy been going for you. I just get soooo tired, and when I am hungry I need to eat right then. It is funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:00 am 

I am due on Feb. 14 (also my mother's birthday). So you and I are at the same point in our pregnancies. I don't know about you but I feel horribly huge right now. I just posted a topic regarding weight gain. I've gained 6 pounds in the last week for some reason and am horrified about it. All I can think is that it must be temporary water weight or something because I eat well and exercise. Anyway, this is also our first and it took us 2 years, 2 miscarriages and fertility drugs to conceive this one. I'm looking forward to it but am also scared that I won't be a good mother. I guess that's normal. Where are you located Marianne? I'm in Grass Lake, Michigan. Good luck to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:49 am 

Wow!! Yeah, finally people due near me. Most of the people I have seen on the board are either a month to 6 weeks ahead or behind me so it is nice to have people at the same point as me. I have been very tired and get worn out easily (I feel like I need to sit down a lot after standing). I have gained about 4-5 pounds total this whole pregnancy. I am surprised because I have not eaten super healthy nor done that much excercise. I hope I don't start blimping up. I live in the bay area (Northern Cal). PS. my friends just moved to East Lansing to go to Michigan State to finish their degrees. I am really excited to have met you all and we gotta keep in contact. :D

Post subject: Also a Feb. baby
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:47 am 

Hi Marianne, I am also a first timer, I'm 22 and Hubby is 31. I'm due Feb. 1st. It's nice to see others who are in the same boat. :wink: We are very excited, and we have picked out the name David if it is a boy, but we don't have any girl names yet. I kinda like Anya, Alaina, or Jacelyn, but I'm not really sure. Have you picked out any names yet?

Post subject: Mistake
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:50 am 

Just ignore that last question about the name please, I'm not exactly thinking strait today :D

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:21 pm 

Oh it's fine, we are actually considering new boys names but are set on our girl name. We are now considering Jacob and Isaac. I don't know!! I'll just wait until my ultrasound on Sept. 29th to see if it is a boy or girl and if it is a boy then we will worry about settling on a name.

Post subject: im due january 16th
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:44 am 

hey I'm due january 16th, im just hoping it doesnt come early because of christmas being so close. We've chosen Dylan Gabriel for a boy and are unable to agree about girls names. In England they wont tell you the sex of your baby, does everywhere in America tell you? I really want to know but it'll cost ?130 to find out......hope evryones pregnancies are going well.

Post subject: SamandBump
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:58 am 

Most woman in America find out the sex of thier baby, but some chose not to. I actually decieded not to, so hubby and I will be suprised. The boy name I picked out is David, and we too are still decieding on a girl name. The names I like are Anya, Alaina, and Jacelyn. Hubby said that he doesn't mind if I pick the girls name, but I can't make up my mind. :wink: Btw, I have always liked the name Gabriel, is a very pretty name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:17 pm 

They give you an ultrasound in England right? That is when they tell Americans. We get an ultrasound between 18-20 weeks usually and during the ultrasound you can choose whether or not you want to know the sex because the parts are visible!! Do you know how many 130 pounds are in American money? Just wondering!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:21 pm 

yeah, we get ultrasounds, but the hospitals are worried about the sonographers being attacked and people having abortions if they are told the baby is a sex they didnt want, according to my midwife. Im going to ask anyway on thursday but i doubt they'll tell me.

The only male midwife this city (Peterborough) has has been sacked because he attended a home birth when the service was cancelled. Women can now only have hospital births because of a midwife shortage. He said it was against womens rights and helped her deliver at home and has now lost his job........how awful is that?? :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:55 am 

Have any of you felt your baby move?