Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:48 pm 

I know it's kind of a weird question, but I've been using them for about a year. I haven't used any since finding out that I'm pregnant, but I'd really like to IF it won't harm the baby? All the sources I've found that say that there's nothing in the self-tanners that could be harmful to a baby, nor have any negative effects been reported by those who have used them while pregnant. And the majority of self-tanners that I use don't even have any warning on them regarding pregnancy. But the ones that do have them say that you should ask your doctor before continuing use, just to be sure.

I do know of lots of people who have used them while pregnant, but I'm still nervous about using them, especially since the first trimester is the most critical chemically. And my first doctors appointment isn't for another 2 1/2 weeks, so I can't ask until then.

Anyone have any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:07 pm 

I have used self-tanners throughout my WHOLE pregnancy! I use Skin Drench... I get it at Sally's Beauty Supply or over the internet. In all my baby's ultrasounds she has been completely healthy and she has passed all the test so far... I do not believe that it will harm the baby! She even looks like she is going to be a little chuncky (fat)! So, I wouldn't see anything wrong with them! Good luck with your pregnancy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:17 am 

Thank you for your reply! It was sure a relief to read that! Since I've been self-tanning for so long, I've become somewhat addicted. lol It's been so hard for me not to do it for just one week!

Congrats on your baby! I see you're due in 5 days!!! I wish you a very quick and easy labor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:28 pm 

I've also used sunless tanner my whole pregnancy. It's fine. (Trust me its WAY safer than a tanning bed)!! :)