Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:28 pm 

hi. i am 22 and pg with my second child. my due date is november 19. as it gets closer and closer to the day i get more and more worried. my fiance(both babies father) is great but he got laid off of work about 3 months ago. he is starting a new job on the 13 of aug. since than all of our bills have been piling up. i have no idea how we are going to afford another baby. i also feel very alone. ever since i had my son who is now 3 i lost all of my friends. i dont go anywhere or do anything because the lack of money and friends. i feel like i dont spend enough time with my son as it is, how am i going to find time to play with him and take care of a new baby. anyone out there that has any advice or that would like to talk email or im me. :(

Post subject: Do Not worry
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:04 am 

Do NOT stress. I learned at an early age that everything happens for a reason. Everything will work out regardless if it doesn't seem that way now. The last thing YOU need to do is worry. Its not good for you, new baby, or your family. Just focus your energy on more positive things, such as spending the last moments with only your son before new baby comes. I know i make it sound easier than it is but please do not worry because everything will be fine.

Post subject: Sorry
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:59 pm 

Sorry to hear about your rough patch, I feel like I can really relate to you my husband lost his job in July and just this week has started back to work. I'm 25 and have a 4 year old little girl. I'm due 11/10 and as the due date gets closer you can't help but worry a little more each day.

After this baby is born I suggest making one night every 2 weeks for just you. If you really don't have any friends than start going to the mall and talking to other moms. Then as you get to know them maybe your financial situation will perk up and you can go out on your night and have fun.

Its rough I had my first when I was 21 none of my friends were as mature as I was or settled down in anyway. I still keep in contact with my friends but our lives are sooooo different all they want to do is go out to the bars and meet guys. Well I already have a guy and there is no way I'm gonna be dancing 8 monthes pregnant! Anyway there are ggod days and bad just remember the good ones more than the bad!

Big belly rubs,
kerri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:16 am 

hi there just wanted to send you a (((hug)))and keep your chin up im sure everything will get better soon. michelle

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:26 am 

thanks for all of your advice. i hope eveything gets better soon. i just seem to be worring all the time. we barly make it the way it is how are we going to afford another little mouth to feed. it just seems that nothing is going right. i have had a tough pregnancy with both children. we almost got evicted from our house, our phone and electric are about to be shut off and the welfare system sucks. you have to have an income to get any help but you can only make like 100.00 a week. how do they expect you to live on that. thank god for these m.b. so i can just get everything out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:33 pm 

If I may give you some cost cutting ideas. I lost my job during my 6th month. Right after we bought a new car. So I know about tight money. If possible breast feed. This will save you tons of money on formula. Also cloth diapers! Just remember to get the plastic pants to cover them. But then all you have to do is wash them. Diapers are very costly especially when you go through abot 10-15 a day with a newborn. Check out your local food stamp office and see what they can do. If you husband is seriously looking for a job it shouldn't take him too long. Also if you have a 401K you can take out a hardship loan. Just some things to think about. (((hug)))) it will get better.

Post subject: Your son is lucky
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:39 pm 

I just wanted to comment on one of your concerns: that you don?t spend enough time with your son already. Soon your son will have a brother or sister, and that is a great gift for a child. Sure there?ll be jealousies sometimes but overall they?ll be there for each other and help each other grow as people. You sound like a very caring mother to me so your kids are lucky even if you?re not well off. I hope things get easier for you.