FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:18 pm 

anyone do attachment parenting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:01 am 

what is attachment parenting? I am an expectant first time mother and trying to learn about some of these things!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:29 am 

well some people have different views. but AP is cosleeping, some of the small side items with AP is nursing, cloth diapering no discipline making them feel closer to you . no daycare I could be wrong about that one. I am on a yahoo group for ap and that is another womens opinion she had posted that most ap moms dont do daycare. Im not sure on that one though.

when are you due?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:46 am 

I am not due until February 13th. Valentine's day baby :) I still have a long ways. But I am interested in learning about different parenting styles. I don't believe in spanking but DO believe in discipline like time outs, taking things away, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:24 pm 

i agree with you my DH is so for spanking we grew up totally different households and cultures so he hasnt had a chance to raise maile since hes been gone since she was 5 mos old but I know we are going to butt heads when it comes to that

Ann

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:25 am 

mybabymaile wrote:
well some people have different views. but AP is cosleeping, some of the small side items with AP is nursing, cloth diapering no discipline making them feel closer to you . no daycare I could be wrong about that one. I am on a yahoo group for ap and that is another womens opinion she had posted that most ap moms dont do daycare. Im not sure on that one though.

when are you due?

Hi Ann,

Hope I don't step on your toes here but how can you bring up a child with no discipline? Also (maby I haven't read you right here but...) how can cloth diapering make your child feel closer to you??? I don't believe it's the way you dress your child, feed your child or where your child sleep's that makes him/her feel close to you. It's the way you LOVE your child.

Just my opion...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:03 am 

oh no way Im all for discipline Heck yea I dont want maile being a snotty nose brat when she gets older. I just dont want to spank her no i think she should be punished for things she does wrong. but alot of Strong AP parents do not believe in anykind at all..
no toes stepped on here...lol
Ann

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:52 pm 

Cloth diapering doesn't make it child feel closer to baby, it's just that many AP parents do cloth diaper. Some of the AP things are co-sleeping, breast-feeding, babywearing, no crying it out, and gentle discipline. Some of the common practices of AP paretns are extended-breastfeeding/self-weaning, cloth diapering, no vaccinations or delayed vax, non circumcision, unmedicated birth, homebirth, and organic food and clothing. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff here. Not all AP parents follow all of these things, but these are some of the more common things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:58 pm 

There's a great message board, www.mothering.com, to get more info on AP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:33 pm 

I can imagine that AP was very popular in late 60's, and 70's when many people lived in communes.