Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:19 am 

Hello,

I am at my 23 weeks. I gained so far 22 lbs.
I would like to compare notes with you ladies.
How am I doing?

The problem is that I gained most in my first trymester
so now it slowed down but non the less I feel big.
I would hate to be huge but non the less I konow that
dieting now is not an option.

So... technically the right waight for me would be between 25 and 35 lbs
for the final waight. Of course the 25 lbs not gonna happen :( but I would be happy not to exceed the 35lbs.

Somehow most of my firends gained close to or over 50lbs despite the statistic. I feel like the statistics have life of theri own and reality is quite different.

what is really average waight gain at the end?

lovely to hear from you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:54 am 
I gained 50 lbs. Most of that was during the 2nd trimester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:04 pm 

I gained 75 lbs total! :D BUT I've already lost about 35 lbs so don't worry! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:08 pm 
Yea, I lost about half right away. The other half is still there :( but always remember it takes 9 months to gain that weigt so you have to give yourself at least 9 months to lose it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:12 pm 

Very true! I have been keeping that in mind...However I am dying to get out of these stupid clothes and into my old jeans and tops! :lol: I'm positive that as soon as my tummy goes down a bit more that I will be able to do just that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:15 pm 
I wish you luck, I wish I was in my old stuff. I still have 26 lbs to go and it is all belly. I keep looking at my old jeans longingly and then put on the ones that fit. I will get them back on someday. Ofcourse the month I get them back on will be the month I get preggo again I bet you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:20 pm 

By about 23 weeks I had gained about 5-8 pounds. I'm at about 22-25 pounds now at 35 weeks.

Unless your doctor says something to you, don't worry. Just make sure you're eating healthy and not overeating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:20 pm 

LOL! Now now, you don't want to jinx yourself :wink: I just wish I could do some kind of abdominal exercise! I know that I have the strength and the energy to do it but I can't because of my stupid incision (sp?)! I'll ask the doc about it twomorrow...I can't wait to be able to exercise! I feel great! no more prego belly! HAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:23 pm 
Yeah they usually want you to wait at least 6 weeks after the baby is born, ofcourse my problem is motivation. I want to go excersice but then I end up on the computer here talking to you guys :)
Quote:
Unless your doctor says something to you, don't worry. Just make sure you're eating healthy and not overeating.

I agree completly with the above statment. The doctor will tell you if he thinks you are gaining to much. Just go with it, eat right get some excercise and you will be fine :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:49 pm 

I am 22 weeks and 5 days and I have gained a total of 3 lbs! Its ok though cause the baby got it all, Shes at about 1 lb 7 oz from what my ultrasound measurments were at today!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:34 pm 

I gained 46 lbs during my pregnancy.
Hannah's Mommy- You definitely should not do any abdominal exercises until you go for your 6 wk checkup. The last thing you need is a tear in your incision. Then you will have to start all over with the healing process. You'll have lots of time to lose the weight and in a few months when the weather gets nice you can take Hannah out for walks or get one of those jogging strollers and go jogging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:11 pm 

I know...But I am just LOVING not being pregnant anymore LOL! 6 weeks is a long time! I've got 4 left now but still! Oh well you're right the snow will melt soon and we can go for walks and go out and actually DO stuff rather than be stuck in this house! I think I'm definately getting cabin fever here...Oh well it's almost March! Any predictions as to how much longer we've got to go untill spring here? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:00 pm 

I gained 37 with my last pregnancy. I was in the category like you that I was supposed to gain 25-35. I gained most of it in the middle I think. Now I am 15 1/2 weeks into my second pregnancy and have gained 3-4 pounds. Don't fret too much about it. Just try to stay away from the junk food and sugary or high fat snacks. I'm lucky that with both pregnancies my appetite has really decreased. I know with some it does the opposite. Eating healthy foods is the first priority. Good luck!

Post subject: Weight Gain
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:54 am 

I am 32 weeks and 6 days, I went to weigh in Friday and they said that my weight from start to now is 23lbs, but holding steady, I went in the middle of Jan being 23 weeks and 2 days only gaining 13lbs, from august and then gained 10lbs, lost 5lbs(being sick) gained 7lbs, lost 1lb and then gained it back, sorrta a weigh gain, lose, type thing. But i was going into this weighing more than the average person, I think my weight was 220lbs, now its 245lbs, so what actually 25lbs, but I had my measurements and the baby is now 3 1/2lbs, and is on target for the due date and the 32weeks "schedule". So don't worry don't cut back eating just watch what you eat, I cry a lot of fruit and Brussel sprouts with red pepper flakes pain fried in Oil and garlic. :) I think it mostly depends on how much you weigh at fist, my mom with was 120 she gained 65-70lbs, i'm weighing 220 and almost done and only gained 25. So i think everyone is different.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:45 pm 

I was 120 lbs before i got pregnant, and now im 190..... lol hate to admit it but, ill end up losing it well since im breastfeeding and i know its all for a good cause! :wink: