Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Baby Food?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:02 pm 

At what age is the best time to start feeding stage one baby food?

Post subject: baby food
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:10 pm 

Hi Kendra!!!
Your doctor should tell you. My doctor didn't let me do the cereal until my kids were 16 weeks old. And he doesn't like it in the bottle. Just a little bit by spoon. There are different types of cereal, the rice, oatmeal, barley, mixed and the ones with fruit. The ones with fruit you don't try yet. First start with the straight ones, just plain oatmeal, try it for four days then try rice for four days, then barley for four days and then the mixed for four days. You try one at a time this way you make sure the baby has no reaction and if she does you wil know exactly which one is bothering her. At around five months I beieve you start some vegtables. I think that's when my son started. My daughter is just four months so we are just starting our cereals. She went through the rice, and oatmeal and we are on day three of the Barley. Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:56 pm 

The following may be helpful to you.
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/113.html
My first never was interested in any kind of baby food. I 1st introduced cereal at 5mos. and started foods at 6mos but she rarely ever ate any. Now my 2nd is well over 15lbs and I started him on rice cereal about 2 weeks ago and today gave him his 1st veggie. He is just now 4 mos, but he was wanting 6-8oz every couple hours. My dr had even suggested starting cereal at 3 mos. since he was such a big boy. Typically they don't recommend starting solids until they are 4-6mos due to developing digestive systems and allergies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:34 pm 

My baby is 3 months and two weeks. She is right at 16 pounds! She's a big healthy girl! She can hold her head up steady and can hold her back up pretty straight and steady herself... I mean she can't sit up by herself yet... but I'm sure you know what I mean. She will sit in my arms while I eat and watch EVERY bite I take.. she's even knocked it out of my hand before because I wasn't expecting her to! :lol: She has gotten to where she eats about a 6 or 7 oz bottle every three hours! And for some odd reason here lately she will go to bed at like 8 or 9 and wake up at like 1:30 am to eat and then sleep till about 6 or7 am and eat again! She eats a lot! I'm not overfeeding her myself because she wants her bottle... if not she'll push it away... I leave it up to her when she wants to eat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:37 pm 

Kendra your daughter sounds like mine. Payton now makes this smacking noise with her lips everytime I eat. And she eats every two hours. Not sure how much cause I am nursing but she nurses for a good half hour. Thankfully we started cereal so that's helping me at night a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:35 pm 

We started giving Lyric rice cereal at 3.5 mths, then at 4mths moved to fruits and veggies :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:07 am 

Lexi's Ped. told me to not to give her cereal until 4 months. I know people who have started their babies on it sooner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:08 pm 

My doctor said the samething. Four months and not in the bottle