Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Back pain
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:14 pm 

Does anyone have any tips for relieving constant back pain? I'm 36 weeks and for about 2 weeks now I've been battling back pain both during the day and at night. It gets so painful at night sometimes that I have to get out of bed and walk around for a while. But usually once it has gotten to that point all hope of sleep is lost because I just can't get enough relief to lay back down again. I've tried baths and that doesn't really seem to help. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:18 pm 

Hi,

How about your hubby gently massaging you when it gets really bad. They also sell those little wooden massagers at stores.....they feel really good. Also, try sleeping with a pillow between your legs.
It sounds like you are experiencing back labour. I never really had any back pain with my pregnancy.
Check with your doctor but if it gets really bad you could maybe take some Tylenol.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:09 pm 

Like Nikki said get a pillow to put between your legs and also get one and put it behind you to support your back. Belive it or not that really helps. Also you can try using a heating pad. I've had really bad back pain all throughout my pregnancy so I know how you feel! :wink: is it your lower back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:07 pm 

Yes, it is my lower back that is aching so bad. I have a body pillow that I've been sleeping with for quite a while now but I still get the back pain. I did try a heating pad and that seemed to soothe it a bit. Riding in a car for more than about 20 minutes seems to really send me over the edge. I guess it's just something that I have to deal with until I have the baby. Hopefully it isn't telling me I'm going to have awful back labor when I have it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:25 pm 

Yes I'm with you on that one! All the horror stories I've heard about back labour etc. I asked my doctor about the back pain thing and he said there is nothing you can do about it and it is completely normal! :( So yea I think we've just gotta deal with it for a few more weeks! Youre lucky though I've had to deal with it for almost my whole pregnancy! I couldn't find any relief either! It's just one of those crappy pregnancy aches I guess!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:40 pm 

Hey Denise.
I had lower back pain the whole time with my second pregnancy. I took tylenol every four hours like clock work. Even when the pain wasn't that bad this way it wouldn't get bad. Did that make sense? Also my doctor told me no heating pads so I did ice packs they helped a lot. Also see if your office has prenatal massages. I know my office offered them. And don't worry about back labor. I had no back pain with my first pregnancy but had back labor and had awful back pain my second pregnancy and the back labor was less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:11 pm 

I know it is kind of obvious but are you making sure that you are not
sleeping on your back? It is important not to.

Also, how is your bed? If it is soft than this is a major issue.
That alone can cause your back muscles to strain during the night.
Try harder and even different bed for a night or two and see if
this helps. Sometime that change helps.

Good luck!