Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:23 pm 

I am just wondering...I am 17 and i have a beautiful 5 month old daughter named Emily. Emily is truly the best thing that has ever happend to my life and I have no regrets! Even though having her is a blessing...I have NO plans on having another child anytime soon. I am very scared to have sex with my boyfriend even with a condom..just the fear that I may get pregnant. I am really looking at getting on birth control pills soon. I am going to be a senior but I have a wonderful opportunity to start going to college classes and get high school and college credits for school this year for my RN degree. I really would like to get on birth control asap so I protect myself from getting pregnant and changing my life once again, especially since I am doing this college thing. I don't turn 18 until October. Is there any way that I could go on birth control without my parents finding out??? I would like some help please!!!

Also- I was late on my period by about a little over a week...then I got it really heavy. Theres not a chance I am pregnant again is there? I think my mind is tricking me!!

Any help or comments are greatly appreaciated!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:32 pm 
Why in the world would you have to hide going on the pill from your parents???? You have a 5 month old so they obviously know you've had sex. I would think that they would see that as a positive, mature effort on your part to take control of your life and body. Anyway, talk to your gyn or the ob/gyn that delivered your daughter. They should be able to help you, actaully, they should have talked to you about your plans for birth control at your 6 week check up after the baby was born. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:02 pm 

I had no intentions to have sex after I had my baby, I came to realize that sex doesnt have to be part in a relationship it's a choice...Recently I have choose to have sex again and I have been looking at different options. I don't want my parents to worry about me getting pregnant again....I am also Christian and raised in a Christian family. I feel more comfortable doing this on my own. Yes they would probably think that I am mature and responsible...and I definatly am....but I dont want them to think....is she having sex now....I wonder where they are...things like that.....I have now found my answers for my questions but thanx for your response!