Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:51 pm 

I am planned on breastfeeding my baby. I am NOT planned on having another baby for a while after this one. So, I am already considering my birth control options after delivery. What is the best kind of birth control to use while breastfeeding? What kinds can be used that cause you to gain weight and break out the least? Thank you! :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:58 pm 

Good on you for deciding to breastfeed. It really is the best start you can give a baby. Breastfeeding your baby can delay your periods starting again (I guess it's your body's way of saying you already have your hands full) for a year or more, depending on how long between each feed. So it can also be a kind of birth control, but unfortunately it?s not reliable. Condoms won?t affect your weight or skin and if used with a spermicidal should be very effective. I?m afraid I can?t advise on how different pills or patches etc may affect you. I hope someone else can chime in with some more knowledgeable advice.

Best wishes.

Btw there are some designs about breastfeeding at http://www.cafeshops.com/materni_tee/221672

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:40 am 

you can take micronor which is a pill or you can take the Depo shot......thats what my doctor told me and i breastfed for 6 1/2 months

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:30 pm 

I would talk to a Doctor about the proper birth control method to use while nursing. My mother's Doctor did not tell her that if you breastfeed, it cancels out the pill. That is how she ended up with my sister 10 months after I was born! :o So, I know you cannot use the pill. I would suggest and IUD.