Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:02 am 
Hi,

I am posting this question in two forums - pregnancy and birth because I don't know who can help me more, in case you will see it doubled because of this please forgive me.

question:

I am so undecided which way to go about giving birth.

I am bit familiar how it goes in the hospital and for now I have OBGYN
insisting on hospital birth - naturally, since she is also pushing towards Cesarian too.

but I am more natural girl and would like to do naturally, I have heard
that birthing centers operated by midwifes are more natural birth oriented and better focusing on comofort of woman than just medical procedure atmosphere.

I am thinking maby I should go with birthing center than but I have nobody to ask for second opinion. asking doctor is no point since she is only giving me advicce that is in best her interest I can sense it long ago.

I also fear because our hospital is like thousand patients a minute place so it is very impersonal experience and they are rushing you to go to next person and I think most c sections are done on basis different than need but rather go on with the program and get to the next patient.

so If any of you ladies have experience in both hospital and birthing center experience or just a birthing center please do share with me
and that would be a great help.

I know that there are many members from different places, my question is regarding the american experience since I am based in us.

thanks a bunch up front for your postings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:07 am 

Have you taken a tour of a birthing center? I'd recommend doing that. They would be able to answer your questions and look at your situation to see if you qualify.

Why is your doctor wanting you to have a c/s?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:58 am 

in the hospital i am having brian they do everything in that one room. unless you need a C- section. i think that is kinda cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:51 pm 

Yea I was in a brithing room in a hospital for like 20 hours and all of the nurses were REALLY nice! I ended up having a c-section. Again why does your doctor want you to have a c-section??? There must be a valid reason other than just wanting to get it done and over with? With me they waited so long hoping that I'd be able to do it vaginally but it just wasn't gonna happen; my pelvis was too small and Hannah was too big. I could have saved myself ALOT of pain by just getting a c-section in the first place, but like most people I didn't want to go that way but now I'm glad I did and I probably will have to again next time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:10 am 

In my case , my hospital has a birthing center type of feel. We have a room to ourselves and it is your room for the entire stay. The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated. You go into labor, deliver and spend your stay there,your husband is also welcome to stay the entire time. except for in the case of a C-section. I have delivered all of my children in the same hospital and will continue to do so. It is probably best if you look at all of the options and take tours. Find out answers as to what happens at a birthing center if you can't have the baby naturally etc.

Good luck making your choices and I hope you make the one that is right for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:59 pm 

The hospital I gave birth to Hayden is like that also! I loved the hospital because even though I was in incredible pain, everyone was really really nice... the only person I saw very little of was the Dr.. but still was an amazing Dr.

I'd recommend a hospital because if something, in the rare chance, goes wrong.. you're already there.. and I would feel more comfortable having Doctors around if something happens to you or the baby...

And why would a Dr push a c-section on ya?? scary!