Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Body Changes
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:43 pm 

I am starting to gain the weight (well the belly has started to make room anyway.) :shock:

This has made me so insecure around my friends, family, and more so my fiance. My stomach is not huge or anything but it is definatly enough to notice and I do not fit into certain clothes anymore. I have noticed myself getting depressed about this. People just look at me and I can't imagine but think what they are thinking "geez, she's kinda chubby she needs to work out, diet or something. I guess I get kinda frustrated because I look "fat" and not pregnant, not to mention, I didn't plan on gaining any weight until I was five or six months along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:48 pm 

haha its fun isnt it? just poping like a huge ball! Dont worry about what "people" think! They dont matter..some people can be harsh, but you just have to let them go!
And you shouldnt feel weird around any of your family..especially your fiance'...they love you all the same! THey know its just the baby! Its a special belly! lol! You'll be ok love! Keep your chin up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:02 pm 

OK first, not planning on gaining weight untill you are 5-6 months along?????????? That is complete BS! You should be eating healthy and taking prenatal vitamins! Not worrying about your weight! DUH! This isn't about YOU! It's about your BABY and making sure he/she is healthy!

Yes it is very strange to have a baby belly. I felt weird around my family too, but you're PREGNANT! :roll: not a whole lot you can do there, you're gonna go through ALOT more changes!

You will gain weight in alot of places not just your tummy, thats what happens when you have a kid. And while working out and watching your weight, and dieting if you don't plan on breastfeeding, is all well and good AFTER you have the baby, doing so WHILE you are pregnant is really stupid, you're building a human being, your own child, YOU'RE GOING TO LOOK LIKE GARBAGE FOR AT LEAST A YEAR HONEY! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:11 am 

Im sorry but what do you mean you werent planning on gaining any weight till the 5th or 6th month? Are you expecting the baby to grow in there? By the 6th month you are going to have huge uterus, big placenta, quite a chubby baby and a ton of ambiotic fluid heaps of extra blood flowing around you and fluid gain plus maternal fat and heavy breasts!! This will weigh POUNDS and you will be undoubtedy pregnant and showing to the whole world.

Im only 9wks along and already wearing maternity wear - its just how it goes - remember that your body is no longer your own righ now its a baby making factory and you really have to let go and let nature take its course :)

Having a delicious baby belly is one of the lovliest things so enjoy it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:07 am 

Well...I guess I was lucky then. I have always been a bigger girl, so I didn't have any problem with the weight. Besides, I didn't really show until later on.

however...if you are feeling like people are staring at you and thinking you are just getting chubby...wear tops that are more obviously maternity. There are some cute ones out there now, and for fairly reasonable prices. Don't be afraid to let people know you are pregnant. It is a joyous time, so shout it from the roof tops if you have to.

Ideally, you wouldn't worry about it at all, but we are all human. And woman have been brainwashed to think that gaining even a little weight is a tragedy. Do your best to keep those thoughts out of your mind. Remind yourself...there is a little person inside of you, and it needs room to grow.

Best of luck in your pregnancy. Enjoy it as best you can!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:23 pm 

First Off WOW!! I did not post to recieve the slap in the face that I recieved, I came here for support!!!

Special Thanks to SARA FOR BEING SO GREAT AND SUPPORTIVE. :D

Thank You to special K toO.

Riki- you have had a couple of girls already so OBVIOUSLY you are going to be bigger sooner the next couple of times around.

Secondly- I KNEW/KNOW I am going to gain weight in early on months. I just did not expect to start actually showing until I was five/six months, thats all. Yeah just like every body else out there I do know that THE BABY DOES GROW INSIDE OF ME AND THAT I SHOULD BE TAKING CARE OF IT!!!! I eat very healthy for this baby and I am on prenatal pills. Thank You! I am not working out dieting and or watching my weight. I SOO MANY pregnant girls out there that are hot up until they deliver- it's called TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF. You DO NOT have to look like garbage for a whole year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:19 pm 

Yea..Not everyone fully understands the whole thing with their first. I sure as hell didn't and I still don't! I myself was fortunate that I didn't show at ALL until I was like 5-6 months, and I just have a little basketball belly!
It really depends on genetics and what you do eat!
I was very small and this baby is very small! I only have 20 days left (well probably 19 by the time someone reads this) and this baby is only 5lbs! I have a small uterus, it just really depends on the person! I mean everyone has a right to imagine or dream about what they want to look like or whatever, even during pregnancy! I know I don't have alot of room to really say a whole lot considering this is my first and I don't have a whole lot of seniority, but ladies..be easy on her!

Sure I laughed too when I read the post, but you kinda have to joke back and not be soo..ok can't think of a word. I don't think she ment the post to sound like "Oh Im not gonna be fat like everyone else, Im gonna be a 10 all the way through"...
I don't know how else to say anything! I guess Im just a softy! And try to be extra careful when approaching w/ my 2 cents! :?: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:40 pm 

OH I'm sorry! I didn't know some people considered gaining weight in their thighs, butt, and face to be HOT! Everyone is diffenent just because your little friends didn't show untill 6 months doesn't mean YOU wont! Mabey you should do a little more research on pregnancy and babies before yours is here! You come on here acting all surprised because you are showing...um yea sorry chick, YOU'RE PREGNANT! Do you need someone to spell it out for you? You're getting depressed about people seeing you gaining weight and showing??? You said AND I QUOTE: "I didn't plan on gaining any weight until I was five or six months along." then you come back and say "I KNEW/KNOW I am going to gain weight in early on months. I just did not expect to start actually showing until I was five/six months, thats all." How 'bout you get your head straight before you post something like that ok girly? :roll: