Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:28 pm 

Are any of you breastfeeding? What did you do for birth control? My doc said that the pills effect milk supply. She said that I can take the mini pill though but that is only 80% effective. I don't like those odds. She said we should use condoms with spermicide but I don't like condoms. This sucks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:23 pm 

I'm breast feeding and on the pill. My doctor said 90% effective. She said the biggest problem is on regular BCP if you skip a day you just double up the next day and your fine. With these pills you can't do that. If you double up a day you should use other birth control for a month. So far we are fine and I think Krissi is even sending me pregnancy vibes and knock would nothing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:17 pm 

the doctor told me not to go on birth control until after I finish breastfeeding. I read somewhere that breastfeeding is "like" a birth control.. some women don't ovulate while solely breastfeeding. right now, condoms are the way to go for us. it sucks.. but I wouldn't want BC pills effecting Hayden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:38 pm 

my doctor said this pill is for breastfeed mom's. Said there was no need to worry about Payton.
Oh believe me I thought breastfeeding was birth control the first time around. Until I was taking a pregnancy test with a six week old baby in the stroller. I'm not taking that chance again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:43 pm 
wow, marianne, havent seen you around much since the baby was born.. how is the baby and you doing? cant believe it was a month ago already!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:42 am 

I am on the pill (don't remember which one right now) and my doctor says it is 90% effective. There is only one?? (and it is not the mini pill) that you can take while breastfeeding that doesn't affect the baby.
Anyways, who has time to even need birth control?? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:59 am 

MissSparky wrote:
wow, marianne, havent seen you around much since the baby was born.. how is the baby and you doing? cant believe it was a month ago already!

We are doing well. She is 6 weeks old already. She has a cold right now, poor girl!! Daddy got sick, then her, then me. We are adjusting more to life with her and finding things that really work with her so it is a lot easier than a few weeks ago. How is Mykenzi?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:09 pm 
mykenzi is well... she is very advanced for her age, smiling, laughing, babbling, scooting, pushing herself up, its all amazing, i cant believe that she is 2 1/2 months old already. time flies. we are adjusting well too, i kinda of fell into the mothering thing easily, like it came more than natural to me, plus i come from a family where everyone has at LEAST 2 kids.. so we have babies everywhere lol.

awww poor baby has a cold, i hope she, and you and her daddy get feeling well soon :) good to hear that things are going well :) they get to be so much fun, kenzi now shows me appreciation smiles, like when im feeding her, ill look down at her and she will have quit eating and will be smiling at me, its so awesome!

good to hear fmr you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:02 pm 

jmom wrote:
Anyways, who has time to even need birth control?? :lol:

Come on girl you got to get back in the saddle. :wink: