Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Breastfeeding
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:19 am 

Hey if anyone here needs breastfeeding support, ill help if i can..i breastfed for 6 1/2 months until i had to go to work fulltime and til my thyroid quit which affected my milk supply...

Thyroid problems by the way can be triggered by pregnancy I found out....so if you are extremely tired, cold all the time, gaining weight, etc...I would check it out....Also, if you look in the mirror and swallow and notice a bulge in your neck it might be a thyroid problem too! I thought that I was just lazy or something , or I blamed it on pregnancy and then I blamed being tired on having a newborn..anyhoo talk to y'all later :wink:

Post subject: hiya
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:51 am 
hiya my name is anna im 18 years old 19 soon.im 28 weeks preg with a little boy.i want too have a go but my step mam says i shouldnt but its not up to her at the end of the day its what i want too do.

whats it like is it uncomfortable?
does it hurt?

hope to hear from you soon :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:49 am 

as long as the baby latches on right then it shouldn't hurt. cracked nipples can be a problem but if you use lansinoh nipple cream consistently it won't hurt. breastfeeding is alot more convenient ...you dont have to make a bottle in the middle of the night, you don't have to warm it up and you dont have to worry about taking formula with you when you go anywhere....breastfeeding isn't easy at first but stick with it....good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:55 am 

[color=indigo][color=indigo]I'm interesting in hearing more about the Thyroid problem... my baby is 16 days old & my milk supply is not increasing despite my pumping after each feeding to stimulate more. My lactation consultant & OB don't seem to have any suggestions as to why it's not increasing, nor do they have any advice to increase it- except "keep nursing". I have been feeling really tired & drained, but chalk it up to being a new mom with little sleep. But now I'm wondering if maybe it's a medical issue? Maybe I should ask my LC & OB at next appointments? If you have any tips on increasing milk supply I'd really appreciate that too!
Thanks,
Megan
Grace Anne (7-2-04)[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:53 pm 

im nursing still maile is 17 mos old and nurse 4-6 times a day its easy and there are so many benefits..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 am 

hi, im 20 weeks pregnent with my third child i never tried to breast feed my older two but would like to with this one the problem is i didnt leak any milk after giving birth to my other two and not sure weather i should have or weather i even produce milk

Post subject: BReastfeeding
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:07 pm 

Hi Anna!!! I just read your message. COngratulations on your baby to be. I just had a little girl five weeks ago. I also have a two year old son. I have to tell you breastfeeding is the best thing ever. If you want to try it I really want to encourage you to give it a go. No, it does not hurt. I will admit sometimes it's uncomfortable. The lansinoh cream is great. And I read actually that you should start using it before you have baby this way by the time your baby comes your nipples will be soft and won't crack. Also make sure you drink plenty of water now and after the baby comes. With my son I was not able to produce enough milk so I had to supplment with formula. With my daughter not only do I have enough milk to feed her every two hours but four times a day I am able to pump a 5 ounce bottle. My freezer is filled with bags of milk this way when I have to leave the baby with my husband or mymother to do errands I know there is plenty of breast milk for her. Don't worry about what your step mom says. Breastfeeding is such a wonderful thing and if you are able to do it I really think you should. ANy questions please feel free to e-mail me. And good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:43 pm 

Hello Anna,

Good Luck with your pregnancy. Breastfeeding is the best thing ever! I am still breast feeding my 10 mos old. I always joke saying that I breastfeed because I am too lazy to sterilize and makeup new bottles every 24 hrs. Why work when the good Lord gave it to us already prepared...lol

Even if you have any difficulites in the beginning, stick with it, cause it pays in the end for you and the baby!

Take care and email me anytime!

BabyBain

PS - Remember in the beginning. You AND the baby are learning, so don't give up too soon...