Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Caffine/Spicey Foods?! O
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:35 pm 

:?
Hi, I was wondering about caffine. I sometimes drink a coke/pepsi but never a coffee. I didn't drink any caffine with Jordanna, I guess I just never had any in the house. I'm going to ask my doctor when I see her next... thats ohh, June 14th. Lol, but yea, I was just wondering if you think its okay to drink caffine while pregnant... Thanks.

Also, I was wondering what you think about spicey foods. I dont genrally eat anything spicey, although I do have salsa. But salsa is proven to be heathly when your pregnant, my doctor actually roccomended me to eat salsa. Anyways, your opinions are appriciated... thanks ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:57 pm 

I personally wouldn't have very much caffeine while pregnant. I have had a little bit, I make chocolate milk here and there. If I do crave soda, I buy caffeine free. As far as spicy food, some people can't handle it while pregnant, but if your not one of them then I say eat away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:17 pm 

Okay, thanks. Yea I dont personally have that much caffine either. Have a good day!

[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm 

Hi,

I had also read that caffeine should be avoided during pregnancy. I think the book said that it could contribute to a low birthweight baby, just as smoking can.

I never had any caffeine during my pregnancy , I bought decaffeinated tea to drink. I also never had any spicey food except for once we went out to dinner at an Indian restaurant. I had terrible stomach pains the rest of the night. I'm sure salsa is fine, you can also buy the mild salsa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:27 am 

i couldnt kick the mountain dew habit i had and that was about 3 a day and my daughter weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces 3 weeks early and the spicy food is prob up to you if you can handle it...i dont think its a big deal, just think mexicans have very healthy babies and spicy food tends to be a big part of their eating habits....eat as much as you like but beware of heartburn..lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:27 pm 

I'm sure consuming high amts of caffeine will not always affect the baby's birthweight but IT CAN affect the birthweight and potentially cause other problems for you and your baby.

I personally tried to eat as healthy as I could when I was pregnant and it's something I try to do all the time just for my own health as well.

Just make sure if you are going to consume caffeine that you are also getting drinking plenty of milk or taking calcium supplements. Getting your vitamins and minerals from natural sources is better than getting them through vitamins.

Here is a link that will explain to you why caffeine should be avoided during pregnancy http://nv.essortment.com/caffeinepregnan_rfgc.htm

PS. My son's birthweight was 9lbs. 7oz :lol: