Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can I dye my Hair????
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:36 am 

I have heard from a few people that I can not dye my hair. My problem is that I have dark roots growing in......WHAT CAN I DO????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:47 pm 
I dont see WHY you cannot..maybe not BLEACH it, but dyeing it should be fine, I would think because the dye does not seep into the skin, but seeps into the hair roots.

Post subject: Dying your hair
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:29 pm 

I had bad roots also... and there was no way I was going to have them at my wedding and senior prom so I just highlighted my hair mainly at the roots with blonde so that you couldn't see the roots. I had heard the same thing you have been told... but I couldn't take it any longer... so far at all my dr. visits she has been really healthy... strong heartbeat...etc... maybe you should call around and some what some of your local beauticians say... if they would or wouldn't... if they would dye your hair then I would think (being beauticians) that they would know if it is bad or good. Just as a precaution you could ask your doctor,but I've known plenty of people to do so and everything come out fine with the babies.

Post subject: Can I dye my hair
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:38 am 

The doctor say you shouldn't use it any chemicals can harm your baby. I would just be careful why do something that might hurt your baby. I hope all goes well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:20 pm 

The Hospital for Sick Children (in Toronto), has a hotline "MotherRisk", I think I have mentioned it to you in another post. You can call them with this question and many others regarding using any chemicals, medicine, etc while pregnant.

I myself did not colour my hair during my pregnancy even though I had roots coming in. I also didn't have any caffeine, or even take Tylenol.

MotherRisk said that it is okay to colour your hair in moderation, meaning don't be doing it every other month . Also, if you are going to colour your hair make sure you do it in a well ventilated area so you are not breathing in the chemicals.
Give them a call.

Good luck