Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:00 am 

Hi there I want to thank you for taking your time to read this. I'm having trouble getting pregnant. I have been pregnant before but after I lost that baby it's been hard to get pregnant again. I was on this birth contal shot and I think that is part of it but I was pregnant when I was on that shot and i just got off of it about a year ago and after I got off of it I have been trying to get pregant and I really want to get pregnant because I saw my cousin have her baby and it was so nice to see her face when she got to hold her baby and I really want that to happen to me. I'm doing everything that i should be doing but I have been getting my periods in a werid way is that part of the reason why i'm not getting pregnant? It comes one time at the 1st of the month and than some times it comes at the end of the month. I really hope there is nothing wrong with me. Can someone please help me out with this. someone please help me

Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:48 am 

My periods were very irregular and it took me almost 2yrs for my first child. I had been on the pill for several yrs prior. After my 1st I didn't do bc, except condoms. With my second they told me I could come in if I didn't conceive in a yr and they would check things out. It only took a couple months for my 2nd. Most drs. will see you if you've tried for at least a yr, just to make sure either one of you don't have any problems that are hindering conception. Also with my first, I was so stressed about getting preg. and once I gave up and was going to see a dr. is when I finally conceived. Stress plays a big role to. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:11 am 

If you are refering to the Depo Prevera shot I was on it too. After I had my first child I immedietly got on it. I was on it for 5 years. It took only a few months to start my periods but then got on it again because I needed to be on birth control. I wound up getting off of it again because I started gaining weight. This last time I got off of it it took over a year to have a period and when I finally did have a period I had one every 2 weeks for about 3 months. Then they started regulating just about 2 months ago. How long have they been wacky??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:43 pm 

Hi,

I would discuss your concerns with your doctor. Maybe like the other poster said it just takes a long time for your periods to regulate.

Did you have normal periods before you went on this birth control shot??

You could also do a Google search on the type of birth control you were on and see if you can find any information that would be helpful to you.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:14 pm 

I too was on the depo shot. I stopped taking it Dec of 2003 and didn't get a period until June. They just started getting regular. Here is a suggestion. It worked with my first. Mark on the calender the first day of your last period. Now mark the first day of your current period. Count the days in between. If it is a 30-32 day cycle you ovulate around the 14th day. I highly recommend getting online and go to your search engine and type in the words-CONCEPTION CALENDER. You can download these calenders for free and it can tell you what days you are fertile. Best of luck