Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:32 pm 

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the board. I am wondering if anyone has some advice for me. I have been with my common-law spouse for almost 7 years. I am 25 years old. I was on Depo shots for birth control, but discontinued them about 6 months ago. 3 months ago I started having regular periods again, and everything has been smooth. Because I am not on BC now, we have been using condoms. However, there are two incidents that have happened recently
1. ABout 1 day after last months period ended, we had unprotected sex with in-vagina ejaculation.
2. About 4 nights ago, we had unprotected sex, but 1/2 way through we stopped and used a condom prior to ejaculation (but not necessarily prior to pre-cum)

I have a funny feeling that I am pregnant. I have very sore breasts, I am very tired during the work day, I have gas and bloating and cramps and back stiffness. Also, I have a strong taste in my mouth at times, and my apetite has increased. Most of these things lead me to believe that I am going to have a period very soon, but I am not due for another 8 days.

Does anyone have any insight? Can you just "feel" pregnant this early?? Were the actions listed above high risk for pregnancy? Are these "symptoms" similar to early pregnancy symptoms?

I have never been pregnant before, and feel like these thoughts are starting to consume me!

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:10 pm 

I dont know if you can actually feel pregnant that early, i just wanna let you know i had the same thing almost two weeks before my period and i had my period....i was so excited that i might be pregnant but it turned out that i wasnt. I dont think you are.You are most likely to get pregnant when you are ovulation and i dont believe at that time you were. Hope I helped alittle
Jen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:04 pm 

I knew with all of my pregnancy almost right away. I was extremely tired, to the point that I could not even keep my eyes open during the day, and I also felt dizzy. I think it is possible that you could be pregnant. Just wait a couple weeks and take a pregnancy test. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:16 pm 

Thanks for the replies. I should probably note that I am usually very energetic and typically work out for at least an hour 6-7 times a week. This past week I have been extremely sluggish and have only been making it to the gym every second day or so.

I am a little embarrassed to say that of the two instances that I mentioned, I am not really aware of how fertile I was at these times. Any input?

When should I take an at home Pregnancy test? Do I have to wait to see if my period is late?

Thanks again for all the advice - I really appreciate it!

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:23 pm 

I think if you wanna save money wait until a missed period...thats basically when it'll most show up....or the EPT test you can take a few days before your period. I usually wait so you know for sure if you are or arent.
Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:29 pm 

Hi,

Well, they say you can take a home preg. test as early as 1 day late and get an accurate result. When I was trying to pregnant I would wait a week before doing a home test that way my hcg levels would be higher. The most accurate way of knowing if you are pregnant is to have a blood test done at your doctor's office.
I did not start feeling "pregnant" until I was about a week late-----I felt very, very tired, and very hungry all the time, very moody, and a "heavy" feeling in my lower abdomen--it almost felt like I was getting my period and a week later was getting a crampy feeling in my lower abdomen. But of course, everyone is different and every pregnancy is different.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:24 pm 

Okay, so now I am 4 days away from a period, and add to the list of potential "symptoms" Constipation, more gas, bloating, headache, and trouble sleeping. I am dead tired during the day, but either can't sleep at night, or sleep and have weird dreams. I do realize that all of these may just be PMS, but i think it may be possible that I am pregnant.

Should I wait untill I am due for a Period before I test? I just can't get the thought that I may be pregnanct out of my head!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:27 am 

Today is my period due date. I took a hpt this morning and it came up negative. Cn I trust this response even though my period isn't here yet?

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:18 pm 

Everyone is different and when you become pregnant some women have a high amount of the pregnancy hormone HCG and some have smaller amounts of it. Usually you can get an accurate test if you take the pregnancy test when you have missed your period. HOWEVER, everyone is different. Some women didn't receive a positive test until a week or longer after their period was due. You might have to wait awhile longer to be sure. If you can't wait any longer, go to your doctor and get a blood test done. It's the only way to be sure right now. Thats what I would recommend. Good luck!!!

hugs~
Amy W.