Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: co sleeping
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:18 pm 

anyone out there co sleep if so how old are your children and how long have you been?

maile is 16 mos and she has slept in the bed with us since she was born

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:42 pm 

We've done it off and on, like a good chunk of parents do I imagine. I think it's probably a lot safer if you do it EVERY night, since you get trained to know the little one is there and know you need to be careful when rolling over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:24 pm 

Hi,

We did it at the beginning with my son.....primarily just so we could get some sleep and because many nights he would fall asleep on my husband's chest or with us rocking him in our arms, so it was just easier to have him sleep with us.

At around 4 months it became too difficult, he was moving around too much and didn't seem comfortable in our bed so we put him in his crib, developed a bedtime ritual and he was sleeping through the night consistently from about 4 1/2 mos on.

Not to be too personal or anything but how do you and your husband have an opportunity to be intimate with each other if your daughter has been sleeping with you every night since birth?? Just wondering......sorry....but I always wondered about that with parents who co-sleep with their children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:26 am 

well my husband has been overseas for over a year but he comes home sep3 before we would be intimate when she went to sleep and we would go somewhere else in the house but now shes 17 mos old and she sleeps in the middle we will have to try some new things.

it sucks but I had a beautiful crib and she never slept one night in it. so I dontaed it to a family who needed it. now i want to get her to sleep in her bed its shaped like a car after our move im going to try to start getting her to sleep in it. but as my dr said its going to be hard being shes so close to me since my DH left when she wasonly 5 mos old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:24 pm 

I must have been tired when I initially read your post. I didn't notice the 16 month old part. Yeah, it's going to be really tough breaking her of sleeping with you if that's what you want to do. You might have to start out letting her start out in your bed and then moving her. The next step would probably be you crawling into bed with her and staying there until she falls asleep. Then, maybe just staying in the room for a bit. There's going to be a lot of screaming, but remember she won't hold it against you. Kids that age just aren't built that way.