Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:33 pm 

Ok...this may be a little too much information...but, I am starting my 28th week and I have been constipated or not able to have a 1/2 good bowel movement since I got pregnant! I have tried drinking more water... I drink like 4-5 16oz. bottles of water a day, eat a lot of leafy vegetables (salads) and other stuff full of fiber! I feel like it is taking room away from the baby because I haven't "used the restroom" in so long! :? Does anyone have any ideas how to help this problem and get rid of it? If so, PLEASE let me know!! :D

Thanks!! Sorry if this was TOO much information! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:43 pm 

Have you tried prune juice or anything like that. Constipation is just a conseqence of pregnancy. Hope you 'feel better' soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:44 pm 

I found out that you need a lot of fiber to help you out in that area. I'm 29 weeks and Have been eating a bowl of Raisin Brand about 2times a week. You'll be amazed at how much just this will help. Don't over do it though, cause then you'll never get off the pot. Hope this helps cause I also drink a ton of water and it doesn' really do any good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:26 pm 
Try taking some Colace, it's a stool softner and it's very safe to take during pregnancy. My doctor had me taking some because I was getting constipated from the prenatal vitamins. It's over the counter, you don't need a prescription. Hope this helps.....:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:44 pm 

I would consult a doctor before taking Colace. It says on the bottle to do so if your pregnant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:12 am 

My doctor prescribed me a stool softner early in my pregnancy for the just in case and it was a life saver. It eliminated one less symptom of pregnancy. Definately talk to you doc at your next appointment. Always consult a doc before taking anything other than asprin while you are pregnant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:38 am 
Obviously I would assume you (or anyone) would consult with a doctor before taking anything while pregnant, I didn't know I needed to specify that. I assumed it ws a given and the fact that many women take stool softners would have been enough info to get you on the right path. I'll try to be more specific next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:22 pm 

I thought I would post the obvious because some people do not have the common sense to seek a doctor's advice about questions/concerns they have or are to embarrassed to ask and take what other people tell them to be the gospel. While on the subject, I would talk to a dr. about aspirin also as it could be harmful to the baby. Sorry to have hit a nerve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:02 pm 
No you didn't hit a nerve, I just assumed it was common sense...my bad. I just assumed that since I did everything by the book with my pregnancy and I consulted with my doctor about everything, that everyone else would do the same. Also, when it comes to Tylenol, most doctors tell you in the very beginning of your pregnancy that that is all you can take for pain and headaches...oops, I guess I could be assuming on that one too. Everyone's doctor is different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:56 pm 

Thank you for your help ladies. Believe me I ask my doctor before taking anything! I am very precaucious... I guess because this is my first! Anyways, I appreciate your help and I will talk to my doctor about it as soon as I can. Also, when I get a headache I just let it go or I take a Tylenol. :wink: