Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CONTRACTIONS?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:11 am 

Hi everyone,

I just have a couple questions about contractions. I am due on the 29th of this month and last night around 10:30 pm I started having a sharp pain down by my pelvis and in my lower back, they didn't last very long and they came about every 15 minutes to a half an hour. Around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning I finally got some sleep and they stopped. Then this morning I took a shower and I headed off to work and when I was in the car they came back I have a twenty minute drive to work and I had two sharp pains within those twenty minutes. The baby is still kicking and moving around I was just wondering if I was having contractions or not. I have my doctors appt. tomorrow and they are going to do an ultrasound to see if the baby is breach or not. If it is they are going to try and manually turn it and if that don't work they are going to do a C-Section on me. This is my first pregnancy and I really don't know what contractions feel like so I am just scared. Please help me. :cry:

Kimberly - 12/29/1981
Nathan - 03/12/1979
Married - 07/19/2003
Due - 03/29/2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:19 am 
yup, those were contractions, but they were either just the beginning, or braxton hicks... youll know they are real labor contractions when they are regular like clockwork and they steadily get stronger.. (regular meaning, 3-7 minutes in between)

:):) good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:23 am 

Thank you so much for replying to my message. It is really scary being a first time mother when you are so close to delivery. If I am having those kind of contractions does that mean that I might go into labor tonight or will it still be a couple of days or weeks? I guess what I am trying to say is do contractions start then just stop for a few days then start up again? Sorry very confussed about the whole contraction thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:30 am 
for a whole week before i delivered, i had the same kind of contractions you are talking about, and it didnt do anything, theyd come and go and stop and start, so nervewracking!! contractions have a mind of thier own, the kind you are having, i would just keep track of them, cuz they are VERY irregular, they are just rpeparing you, however, if you notice that they are 20 minutes apart, then 15, then 10, then 5 or something along those lines, and they dont seem to be going away, chances are that you may be in labor, and should get to the hospital.

i was supposed to b inducedjan 11th for my little girl.. that day at 4 pm, my comtractions started, but i had been fooled by the fake for so many days and weeks that i would jsut stop what i was doing when they came and breath through them.. at 6:30pm, we left for the hospital as i was scheduled for induction at 7 pm... the hospital is 15 minuts away, i had 3 contractions before we got there.. and when they finally checked me in andd gave me a room and examined me, i was dialted to 4...

so keep that in mind when your having them, you have to pay close attention, write them down if need be, :):)

feel free to PM me if you need to

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:41 pm 

Hello, I agree with Miss it your contractions could make you have the baby tonight or in the next few days or weeks it all varies. How exciting though your getting close to having your baby! I would monitor it for a couple of days unless they are close, if not I would just go in and they will hook you up to a monitor and they will let you know whats going on at the hospital. Good luck hun keep us posted. Mandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:18 am 

I have the same pains , but on top of things i have a pelvic bone inflamation so it makes all the pains 10000 times worst then the usual contractions, ive been having the real harsh contractions for about 1 week now , 5 mins apart ... but everytime i go to the hospital they send me home or try to slow things down with meds, my advice dont take the meds unless you really HAVE TO and when i mean HAVE TO i mean REALLY HAVE TO , it slows everything down .Relax and let the contractions come , tell yourself thats the only way your baby will come out and just imagine your beautiful child and believe me it works to help not to think about pain even though its there, and take the time to breath it really does make a difference ;) goodluck feel free to pm me anytime