Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Could I be pregnant?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:48 pm 

Hello,

I have been on the pill now for 7 years the other day I missed it and came on my period so I took it straight away and it was gone the next day however I had sex with my husband the day after, then thought I could be pregnant but have come on my period heavier than ever does that mean theres no chance I could be, just wanted to check really. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:30 pm 
You should be fine, especially since you took the missed pill right away. I suppose anything is possible but I doubt it since you have a heavy flow (I'm assuming by heavy you also mean clotting?). Is this the time you would normally get your period? If so then you should be fine, if you are still in the middle of the pill pack then you need to stop and restart them in 5 days(check with your doc first but this is normally what they tell you to do). Good luck.

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:14 am 

Thanx u have put my mind at rest just wanted to double check thats all. :D :) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:01 am 

Since the pill fools your body into thinking it is pregnant, when you stop taking the pill (or come to the sugar pill) your body thinks that it is period time. So, you will get your period twice in a month when you miss a pill. One may be heavier than the other. (I occasionally would miss my pill and I would get two really light periods that month.) One will also come at your expected period date.

However, when you miss a pill, you should use an alternate form of birthcontrol (ie a condom) when having sex. At least until the next month starts. I cannot remember if my Doctor told me there was NO protection with a missed pill, or just decreased protection....Just call Ask-a-Nurse. They can tell you that. Hope I helped. Good luck!

Post subject: could i be pregnant
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:31 pm 

I am 35 yrs old and been on the pill for 15 yrs. I have never been late or missed my period even when I was under tremendous stress. I have now missed my period for the first time since my last child and since I have been on the pill. I did not miss any pills although did take them later in the day a couple of times. I should have started Monday, it is now Friday. I took a hpt late Wednesday night and went to doctor today and took another urine test. They both said negative. Does anyone have any ideas? I have another doctors appt next Wednesday. How far along do you have to be before it shows positive? I could be anywhere from 21 to 24 days pregnant. Is that far enough along?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:03 pm 

A home preg. test can show a positive the first day of your missed period. The most accurate way to see if your preg. is to have a blood test done. You could be entering perimenopause.