Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Could I be pregnant?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:46 pm 

Hi, I'm new to all of this. I have been cramping this week...a few times early in the week and then a little more last night...and all week I've had to pee a lot. I'm not due to have a period for another 7 days. Could I be pregnant? I wouldn't mind it. I'm not exactly trying, but I'm not trying to not get pregnant either.Any advice or help you all have would be greatly appreciated. I know it's too early to take a test, but I figure most of you have had babies or are pregnant so you'd know a little better than I would about symptoms and such.Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:54 am 

Peeing a lot is not an early symptom.
That comes later when the baby is pressing on your bladder.
Cramping is a sympton. It's also a hormonal PMS symptom.

Do you have an update for us at this point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:31 pm 

Actually peeing alot was the first symptom I got but I didn't get any symptoms until I was already 6 weeks pregnant. I had to pee alot before I even got breast tenderness. The problem is when people think they may be pregnant they over-analyze every symptom or feeling in their body. The only way to really tell is to first wait until you have missed a period and then take a test (a reliable one, EPT, etc. not Target brand) or even more reliable, get a blood test!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:33 pm 

I've been peeing a lot throughout my entire first trimester.

A lot of the common early pregnancy signs are also common period signs. The only way to tell is by either testing positive or getting your period.

For me the biggest difference was the way my breasts got sore. Rather than the whole breast getting sore at once, it started in my nipples and spread out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:48 pm 

I thought it was weird that I was peeing a lot too. But I read in a pregnancy book tonight at the store that frequent urination is a common symptom at first.

Anyway...I took a pregnancy test yesterday (First Response brand...is that a good one?) and it came out positive. It came in a pack of two so today I took the second one and it too came out positive. I don't really think of that as a true second opinion because it's the same brand of test...so I bought another brand tonight (I think it was called Answer, I can't remember though) and I'll take it tomorrow. I hope it comes out positive. What a great birthday present that would be for me (tomorrow is my birthday)! I wasn't really trying to get pregnant, but I wasn't not trying...but if by chance those two tests were wrong I think I will start trying, this whole thing has me thinking and I'm ready to start my family. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:32 pm 

If your pregnancy test shows positive you are pregnant!! Congratulations!! If you want a further confirmation I would pee in a cup at the doctor or get a blood test but I am pretty sure that your pregnant!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:05 am 

Call me paranoid if you will, but I have now taken 4 hpt and every one of them was positive...I used 3 different brands. And af hasn't come and I'm so rarely late that I'm pretty sure the tests are right. I found out yesterday that my health insurance is supposed to kick in next month...so as soon as that little insurance card shows up I'll be at the doctor...I just want to know for sure. But as for now I think I am...4 tests confirmed it...I couldn't have bought 4 duds, right? So I'm going to get some prenatal vitamins today. Does anyone have other advice for things I should be doing? I don't smoke, don't drink, I generally stay away from caffeine except chocolate and an occasional Diet Coke. Any and all help is definitely appreciated. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:06 pm 

Using the bathroom alot can be an early symptom. It was for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:24 pm 

Hi Luv!! Congratulations!! Yes, the tests are right. A single test is 99% accurate. So if you've taken 4 and they've all said positive, you're pregnant (and I wouldn't think of calling you paranoid because I took 3 before I believed it)!!! I'm very happy for you and you have many joys ahead! Taking pre natal vitamins is very important (make sure they have enough folic acid in them). As for what else to do, rest when you can. Your body is making a baby and that is hard work! Also, walking, or some other form of excercising that is safe (swimming is good too) is good for you and baby. And eat lots of protein! That is something you need to do all through your pregnancy. Peanut butter, eggs, lean meats and cheese are all good sources. And of course milk!! And DRINK WATER. I did not do this enough in the begginning and I got a kidney stone (and let me tell you it HURT). So, thats all I can really think of for now! Take care of yourself and enjoy this time! Happy birthday!! :) Let us know how you're doing ok??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:39 pm 

babystar...thanks for the advice about drinking lots of water. I'd heard I had to up the amount I drink and I've been working on it. But it's hard. So before work I go to the gas station and get a 32 oz. Crystal Light (basically flavored water) and once that's gone I fill it up with water. I ususally can't finish it by the end up my work day, so I take it home. Then I try to drink more at home. I just hate waking up (sometimes 2 or 3 times) in the middle of the night to pee. Argh...but I guess that's better than getting a kidney stone...right? (My mom has one of those and I've seen her in agony)

I haven't had a ton of symptoms yet...but it's early. I know people who have almost none and others who seem to get them all. I hope I don't get them all...sigh. :)

I'm just happy to be pregnant. I haven't told my family yet because I want to wait until the end of the first trimester (around Thanksgiving). I guess that's a good Thanksgiving surprise for my parents. My mom hints all the time about wanting grankids. :)

I hope everyone is doing well!!!