Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:53 pm 
[/i][/b] :roll: :? Hello, I just wanted to ask any of you for you help, advice and opinions. Well, here it goes. I have been breastfeeding my 13 month old son, moslty exclusively. He'll eat some table food here and there but not alot. Anyways, AF hasn't returned, atleast I don't think it has. Well, on August 23 what I thought was AF started. But, it only spotted for a day or two. I have been cramping and nauseated, I have to pee so more than usual. It's been hard to take care of my 2 children, I feel so tired all the time. I have also gained a little weight. That and any little smell will make me want to throw up. Anyways, I took a HPT the day I thought my period would start but, it was negative. I don't know if I could be pregnant or not. With my oldest son, I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks. Then with my youngest I was in complete denial (I had just had a m/c) so I didn't find out until 14 weeks pregnant. Even though I had all the pregnancy symptoms. I do but, I don't want to take another HPT. If anyone can tell me what they think, I'd appriciate it.

Thanks
Crystal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:31 pm 

My friend got pregnant (with her third child) while she was breast feeding. She'd had no trouble getting pregnant the first time. Then she had trouble getting pregnant a second time, had all this fertility stuff done at the doctors. She got pregnant, had a high risk pregnancy with bed rest and all, but the doc said she probably wouldn't be able to have any more kids after that. So while she was breastfeeding baby #2 she didn't bother to use any birth control or anything. Well, apparently that regulated her body enough that she got pregnant (her babies are 15 months apart). So I'd say there is a possability that you are pregnant if breast feeding really does regulate things. You said you got a negative result on your hpt, but I've heard a negative is more likely to be wrong than a positive result. You may want to go to the doc for a blood test. I hope this helps.