Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:10 pm 

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 12 years. Sometimes trying very hard, sometimes not...but never using birth control of "any kind." I am now taking fertility drugs (have been for 3 months). I get anxious around this time every month Day 20- DPO 6. I don't "feel" like I am pregnant, though it is really too early to tell. I usually get cramps with lower back pain about a week before I start and they last all the way through my period, which I am experiencing now. I was just wondering if anyone knew if you could still have cramps and lower back pain and still be pregnant. I wasn't sure if you could maybe still have "menstrual" like symptoms and be pregnant. I thought I had heard that somewhere before. Anyone know? Just curious... :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:20 pm 

Pregnancy and period symptoms are often similar. Bloating, cramping, breaking out, sore breasts, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:02 am 

When I got pregnant this time around, from 8-10 days past ovulations, I felt cramps and lower back pains much like when I get my period . I knew I was pregnant, because I NEVER get cramps and back pain before AF is due.

However, I suppose it COULD have something to do with the fertility drugs (I have no knowledge on the subject, just htough I'd throw that out)

I wish you all the luck, and I hope you are pregnant!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:48 am 

Oh yes you can definitely have all the symptoms of AF and still be pregnant - thats why its so hard to tell sometimes because the symptoms are so similar.

The back cramping when you are pregnant is caused by the egg implanting into the uterus - it creates the same feeling you get when AF is coming. I was so convinced that AF was showing up the last time I was pregnant that I had protection on and started taking my regular pain killers! What a shock I was in for :)

All the best in your TTC efforts - 12yrs is a long time and I hope you get that BFP really soon :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:43 pm 

What drugs are you on? Clomid? 12 years is a really long time..but I guess I don't have to tell you that :) Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:50 am 

Thank you all for your responses. It is nice to have a little support. I am taking clomiphene, estradiol, and prometrium. I think the prometrium is giving me side effects such as the cramping and stuff. This month my temperature is acting incredibly weird. It was 97.8 (below my coverline- 98.0) on day 21, then went up to 98.2 and is now back down to 97.9 (day 24). I have no signs of bleeding, but have started on day 25 before, though last month I did not. I am totally confused. Would a triphasic pattern dip below the coverline twice? I am probably going to start my cycle in the next day or two I bet. Frustrating!