Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: desertmom72
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:15 pm 

Hi,

thanks for your post. I was on depo provera for 18 months and i came off it in october 2002, just after i got married.

It took 17 months for me to even have a period again, i treid going on to the contraceptive pill, and some vitamin supplements my doc suggested. Neither worked, I just waited now i have periods but they are any thing from 30 days to 40.

i did a test on saturday which would have been 1 month, do you think i should test again. I guess i don't want to be disappionted by another neg result. :roll:

Thank you in advance

Vicky J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:12 am 

Hi Vicki,

Wow......you too having problems w/ the depo? I would go ahead and test if it's been a month. My doc always put me on that schedule.....unfortunately, for almost 3 years I kept seeing negative :(
I must have took a test every month, it got real frustrating and depressing. But I just knew in my heart that I was going to get PG again.

Have you done provera/clomid? Even though it didn't work for me, it might for you. You'd have to go in and test every month after you took clomid to see if you are ovulating. I never did ovulate.......we even tested my prolactin levels and thyroids.....everything normal. We just couldn't figure it out....

Good luck to you, and let me know the outcome. But remember, it will happen for you......don't give up:)

Tiffanie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:32 pm 

Visky, Incase you didn't see my other reply to you, I was one month past the last period first day on May 1st. I took an expesive early test on May 5th in the morning and it was negative. It was like my tenth negative so I just went to the Dr and had a blood test done because I had a feeling. It came back positive. I think, if you think that you may be, just go to the Dr. and do a blood test. I was really driving myself crazy and couldn't wait. I, too was on BC for a long time, but not the shots. Anyhow, best of luck to you*****