Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Did you find out the gender of your babies before they were born?
Yes 92%  92%  [ 11 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:01 am 

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who recently found out his wife is pregnant. I asked if he thought they'd find out what they were having, and he figured they probably would. I swear, my wife and I are the only people I know who DIDN'T find out. Each kid was a surprise. In out natural childbirth class before Hannah, we were the only ones, which I thought was amusing. I just think it's one of the few absolute surprises in this world and I wanted to experience it to its fullest.

So ... did you find out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:05 am 

I love surprises! But I wanted to know so badly that I couldn't just wait! I promised myself if the next child I have it a girl, I won't find out for the third.. my mother works in a hair/nail salon.. they would have killed me if i didnt find out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:24 am 

This last time around we really wanted a boy to go with the girl we already had. I almost literally floated around the room when my son came out. I actually got to say, "IT'S A BOY!!!" before the midwife did :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:10 am 
I had swore my whole life that I would not find out the sex, that I wanted that suprise of knowing ehen the baby actually was delivered. Well then the ultrasound got closer, my mother kept begging me and I was sick of buying blue and green things so I found out and I will most likely do the same thing next time. OH well, I was never one who liked suprises anyway :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:27 pm 

I look at it this way, it's a surprise whenever you find out. I don't think I could have gone this long without knowing what to expect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:44 pm 

We found out the sex of my son at my ultrasound. I'm not big on surprises, plus we already had names picked out and I thought it would be nice to give the little person growing inside of me an identity. So whenever I would talk to him in utero, I would use the name we had picked out.
I'm also like to have everything planned, so this way it was a lot easier knowing the sex. Thank goodness they weren't wrong or Alexander would have become Alexandra, even though we had decided on Alyssa for a girl :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:21 pm 

I wanted to find out with my first but she wouldn't cooperate but we did find out a few days before she was born. We didn't have any names agreed on when she arrived and poor thing didn't have a name for a day or two. I hate yellow and we had a lot of yellow stuff from shower gifts. My second wasn't shy and he gave us the full frontal. Boys name are tough. We knew early on he was a boy but couldn't agree on a name until about a month before he was due. I wanted to know to pick out a name but obviuosly that didn't work and to have their room/clothes/etc gender ready.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:59 am 

I to swore I would wait to find out until the baby was born. I had anticipated me having a child for such a long time however was waiting for the right man to have it with, one that I knew would be a great father. I was the last sister out of four to have a child and the youngest in their bunch is 2 years old - oldest 15. I was a manager for a photo place when I became preganant and after 2 years of being the favorite photographer for all little ones I couldn't wait to have one. Then the day came and I found out I was. I was way to overwhelmed and due to prepared person I like to be I had to know. I wanted to start preparing the babys room . I don' t like yellow and green and didn't want a shower with gifts I would have to return.LOL I really wanted a girl!!! (boys are perfect too - I have 5 nephews)Then everyone and their mother said oh its a boy. I think youre having a boy, did you have ultrasound, I think its a boy. It drove me nuts, everyone claiming to know it all and I wanted to know anyway. First ultrasound they were 95 percent sure because baby closed legs and they couldn't verify, 2nd one it was clear as day - legs straight out. I cried with so much joy, I had her name picked out before I knew I was pregnant.(besides it felt great too to tell those that swore they knew IT IS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:39 am 

I wanted to know because I didn't want all yellow things at my baby shower!! Plus I am also a big planner...But I want the next one to be a surprise. :lol: