Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:57 am 

Yes, the dough was REALLY easy. But, one tip, if you are gonna put toppings on (i.e. pepperoni) don't put them on until then end. We made one plain and one pepperoni and the plain came out much better. I think the grease from the pepperoni bled through and the pizza came out all greasy and flimsy. I think if you wait to put the toppings on unitl the end (if they are already pre cooked that is, like pepperoni) it will come out much better.

The clam sauce is the white, my husband loves it too! It is the easiest dinner in the world b/c all you do is cook the linguini in boiling water and while it is cooking, heat up the sauce in a pot on another burner. Then put the 2 together and voila, instant meal. Gotta love easy meals!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:29 am 

WHen I went grocery shopping the other day they didn't have clam sauce would you believe it? Sometimes when I make red sauce for the family instead of having butter on my macaroni I open up the clam sauce. It's great too cause no one but me eats clam sauce so they get what they want I get what I want and it's really no extra trouble at all. I was thinking the store may have run out cause it was lent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:38 am 
Can one of you come over and cook at my house?? I feel like such a terrible wife. I have not even thought about what we are having tonight. You guys have something nice planned everynight!! I am jealous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:47 am 

No need to feel like a terrible wife b/c I am not cooking it! I never cook b/c I am a horrible cook! My husband works 2nd shift and I work days (so that we don't have to do daycare), so he eats dinner for lunch and then brings in a bagged lunch to work for dinner. He cooks dinner, eats and then leaves me a plate in the fridge that I nuke when I get home from work. The only reason it is planned out is b/c we went food shopping last night and we buy meals for all week long. I have to plan out in the morning which dinner we are having that night so that I can thaw out meat if we have to! See, now you don't feel so bad do you? Ha ha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:37 am 

Don't be jealous. BEcause Payton likes to be held I do dinner when she is sleeping. Plus my husband is a big eater. He's not one for leftovers or soup and sandwiches. I have to say my son is an eater too. Plus I love to cook. I was better when we had no kids. I only go grocery shopping onc a month so right before I went shopping I would go through all my cook books and make a menu for the month. My husband would love it cause he knew what he was eating weeks in advance. This way when i went grocery shopping I had everything that I needed. Plus going through all the cook books we would always eat something different. Now with the kids I don't do that anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:08 pm 
Hmmm. I like your idea of going through the cookbooks and making a menu for the month. I only go once a month too, with the exception of a trip to Walmart to pick up any extras. I will have to try your method this month!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:55 pm 

I can't believe that you ladies only grocery shop once a month! I go every week - I love to grocery shop!

Tonight we are having white garlic spaghetti with olives, salad and garlic bread. Monday must be everyone's easy night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:37 pm 

It's a great method. Actually if you do it I will vow to do it too. I should get going back to old routines. Between all our books we should come out with great stuff. You know why I liked it? Sometimes I would see a good receipe but then not have what I need to make it. So this way I insure I have what I need.
I loe grocery shopping and would love to do it weekly. But with two kids it's tough. So once a month I paln a day my parents come to watch the kids and out I go. It's my big day out. LOL!! although I shouldn't complain I just signed up for a quilting class that starts next month. I can't wait. One night a week from 7:30 to 9:30 I go and learn to quilt.
jmom your receipe remind me of one that I make which is soooo easy. In the winter I serve it hot as a meal. In the summer I serve it cold as a side dish. I cook up some pasta; usually rigatoni and drain it. Then i add it to a big pasta dish where I have shredded mozzerealla already in. I mix it together and the mozerella melts. I add some oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, some black olives and some sliced tomatoes. It's soooo good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:45 pm 
tonight we are having corned beef briskit, baked taters, green bean casserole, and apple pie and ice cream,, my momma is cooking tonight :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:57 pm 

I'm not a corned beef brisket kind of girl but I will be over for dessert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:59 pm 
YMMMMMM! We had corned beef 2 Sundays ago! It was soooo good. I might cook it again on Thursday since it is St. Patricks Day :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:14 pm 
got enough to go around :):):):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:17 pm 
Wish you lived closer cause I would take you up on that offer! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:12 pm 

I would take you up on the dessert offer.
Actually if we all lived closer we could all cook one BIG meal a week and split it. LOL!! We would each take a day.
I had left over sauce tonight so I cut up an eggplant and tomorrow with the chicken I will make a little eggplant parm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:24 pm 
that would be so awesome if we lived closer and we could all get togher for a weekend dinner or someting!!!@\

this isnt dinner, but im making breakfast in the AM! one of the apartment buildings my dad does maintenace at burned down, and he has been putting in 12 hour days to help the poeple who lost everything, plus he is on call this week! so tomorrow morning, im making pancakes, eggs, sausage, and grits for all of us, mainly him, because he has been leaving earlly and eating burger king! YUCK that crap aint food! at least not food enough for him, he never eats lunch!

he did however love dinner o much tonight that he cleaned up afterwards, he said "mom cooked it, and melisa dont feel well yet stil kept up her momma roll, ill clean it up!" i was so shocked! although i was kind of sad cuz i still feel a little sick, so nver got any pie and icecream!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next