Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:53 pm 

TOo funny cause I was thinking of making Mikey a special breakfast in the morning too. He slept over my parents house last night so I really missed him this morning. He has his cereal while I have my coffee. Although I ended up being a lceaning freak since he wasn't home. The house was so quiet Payton slept most of the day. I did countless loads of laundry, changed all the sheets and took apart his whole room to dust. I even moved furnitrue to dust the baseboards. There was no stopping me today. When I have the time I have to get it all in. LOL!! But I have a furniture guy coming at nine so we all have to be showered, dressed and ready. Don't know if I will get that breakfast in. Hmm maybe wednesday so I am not rushed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:50 pm 

Jenna,

How do you make your eggplant parmesan? When I made it before, I just layered sliced eggplant with tomato sauce, and mozzerella cheese. I did a few layers and then baked it. It didn't turn out as good as I thought it would.
Do you peel the skin off of the eggplant? I didn't. Is there anything else you add to yours or do differently? I like eggplant and I'd like to try and make it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:24 pm 

Well I peel and cut my eggplant the day before. I do that with zuccini too. then I put it on a plate and put another plate over it in the refrigerator with something a little heavy on it. Last night I used the tupperware of sauce. It takes teh bitterness out of it. Then I bread it using egg and bread crumbs. Then I fry it up. Then I layer it.
I don't remember who said they make the chicken with the instant potatoes and ranch dressing but it was good and a big hit in my house tonight.
During dinner Mikey turned to me and said "dinner is so great mommy that it's making me feel happy." HE loved everything.
Tomorrow stir fry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:19 am 

Thanks Jenna. I didn't know you were supposed to let it sit in the fridge to take the bitterness away, and I never breaded mine. I'll try doing it your way.
That's so cute that Mikey told you that....it must make you feel so good.
Alex will always say "thank you for the food mommy" or if I'm cooking and he can smell it, he'll say "mmmm, smells good" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:47 am 

Miek can tell teh difference when I let them sit in the fridge and when I don't. Plus once you bread them and fry them they have a lot more flovor. I also find that after you bake it and take it out of the oven let it sit for about five minutes. To set. Cuts easier. Same with lasgna
Mikey says thank you after I change him. Especially if it's poop he'll say"thank you for putting a frsh diaper on me mommy."
I just cut up my veggies for tonight's stir fry. This way I can just rhow them in the pan later. Especially if Payton is in my arms. And we are going for easter pictures at 3 so I am guessing by the time I hae to cook dinner I will be fried. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:06 pm 
okay Jenna, I did as you suggested and looked at my cookbook before I went shopping so I have lots of meals planned :) Tomorrow night is Beef with curry and potatoes :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:39 am 

Oh I did mine too. I didn't finish yet. I think I have nine dinners planned. Mine is for next month though cause I had just gone shopping last week. I got some good receipes though. I will bring my list up when I go on line tonight and show you what i got. Do you get the kraft magazine? It's free and they have some great receipes in there.
THe beaf with curry sounds good. LEt me know how it is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:10 pm 
The beef curry was okay. Needed more flavoring. When you ate a piece of beef it was very tasty because that was what the curry was cooked with, the rest was a bit bland. It was good though :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:21 pm 
chicken and dumplings tonight.. mom is cooking, she wont let me near the kitchen to do any thing of my own, she gets me stuff to drink and eat, she is babying me lol.. oh and rhubarb pie and blueberry pie... rhubarb for dad.. ICK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:52 pm 

I never had chicken and dumplings. I do love blueberry pie, warm with a little ice cream on the side.
We had taco's tonight and I have a steak marinating for tomorrow.
Enjoy your mom taking care of you. Nothing wrong with that. When I was sick with menningitis my mom came and stayed here while Mike was at work. It was great. She would change my sheet everyday so i slept in clean sheets, she kept bringing me up ice water, when the pain would get real bad she would sit with me until the pain pills kicked it. Oh I loved it. That was the only good thing about being sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:07 pm 
oh my goodness, never had chicken and dumplings?!?!!! it has chicken and mushroom soup, peas, carrots, chicken and milk, u cook it, )cook chicken first) then when it is thik, u mix the bisquit mix (we use bisquick) and you cover the top of the soup mixture with it, and let it cook... although i thik the old fashioned way is to make the "dumplings" out of noodles or sometihng, but we do it with biscuit mix. its goooood. i only got a little bit of my pie cuz i had kenzi on my lap while i was eating it, and i was talking mom and i looked down to get another bite, and the had stuck her hand in it, grabbed up a handlful and it was smeared all over her face.. and she had some in her mouth! i shoulda took a pic but i was laughing so hard and worried about getting the blueberries off her face and out of her mouth i didnt get a chance too! lmao!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:26 pm 

Oooooohhh okay I made that. I didn't know that's what it was called. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:36 pm 

beef stroganoff!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:39 pm 
yuckie! i despise stroganoff! my mom made that so much when i was growing up... all those hamburger helper things!! OMG bad memories.. lol!!!!
i do hope that you enjoy it though :):)

dad is going to babies r us to buy kenzi a jumperoo.. so on his way home he is buying KFC for us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:43 pm 

Yuck. No hamburger helper!!!! From scratch. It is my husband's favorite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next