Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dinner?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:20 am 

I thought I would start a new thread where we post what we are making for dinner. I always feel like I make the samething so I thought I may get some ideas from other people. I used to have a little system where I would make new stuff but who has time for that anymore.
Tonight:
A whole chicken, stuffing and a corn casserole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:22 am 
We are having leftovers from last night so I will tell you what I meade last night:
We had Meat pie (something my husband wanted, I know it sounds crazy but it is basically a deep dish pie shell and I make almost like a meatloaf to put in it, it is actually really good) Mashed red potatoes w/ garlic, salad, and garlic cheese biscuits.

Okay now I am hungry!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:43 am 

Last night we had pot roast, mash potatoes and green beans.

Today I think I want to make porkchops and corn and carrots.. I love pork chops.

My husband makes fun of me cause I only make like 4 different meals. Hey I'm only 19 and I haven't really fallen completely into the homemaker thing yet. I didn't even know how to cook a year ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:00 pm 
tonight im making Barbeque meatloaf, with au gratin potatoes and bisquits, and pudding :):):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:49 pm 

Krissi is that amost like a shephards pie? Are the biscuits from scratch? If they are I would love that receipe. They sound good. See, this is why this was a good idea.
Last night I made country ribs, noodles, rice and green beans.
Heather is you like pork chops I have a receipe for you. My husband and I only eat pork chops when I make them a certain way. You take pork chops on the bone and dip them in eggs and bread crumbs and brown them. Don't cook them just brown them. Take them out of the frying pain. Put a little more oil in there if you need to and sautee some onions. Then when that's done take half a car of saucy susan and about four beef bullions and about two cups of water and add it to the onions. Then put your chops back in. Simmer on low, covered. Hmm I guess about 40 minutes. Make some pasta. I like spaghetti for this. Poor right over your pasta. It's sooooo good. And the meat should just about fall off the bone. My mom and grandma make this. A few months ago I went up to stay with my friend for a few days. I made it there. Her husband loved it so much they called there neighbors over. They all eat it now. And now you have five meals you can cook.
Melisa what is bar b qued meatloaf?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:54 pm 
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: biscuits from scratch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: my husband is lucky to get biscuits! E=We had company so I whipped out the package :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He told me last night the pie crust got to mussy and he started talking about me making a crust from scratch and making it thicker. I wanted to laugh in is face, but I was a nice girl and just shook my head :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:54 pm 

what is saucy susan? Just spaghetti sauce?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:58 pm 
the bbq meatloaf.. take like 2 pounds of hamburger, make it like you would normally make it, only use bbq sauce in place of ketchup, then form it in the pan, and take a brush thing and "glaze" it with bbq sauce, then bake normally.

i use bisquick mix for my bisquits.. they are just like KFC bisquits.. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:33 pm 

The boy is telling you had to cook? Has he lost his mond???? LOL!!
Oh no saucey susan is like a peachy kind of marinade
Oh I don't put ketchup in my meatloaf. I think I will make those bisquck biscuits tonight though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:19 am 

ROast beef tonight. Not sure with what.
Biscuits and corn casserole was a big hit last night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:48 pm 
we are having this thing, i kind of found it by mistake and loved it

you mix cheese filled raviolis, meatballs, spaghetti sauce, and lots of chese together in a baking dish, then top with more cheese, bake it for about an hour or so... then serve with garlic bread, and top with parmasean cheese! mmm mmmmmmm good thats always a hit in my house!

dang! its only 4, and my mouth is watering for it!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:44 pm 
Okay....I am never coming to this thread again!!!! How am I supposed to lose weight reading about all this food! Evil, evil, evil :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:00 am 

So I shouldn't post about the cheese cake we had tonight for dessert?
Hahahahaha got you back for being so sassy this week. Hmm I wonder if I can post apicture of it. :twisted: Just kidding. Keep up the great work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:36 am 
Okay I admit I deserve it :) Nothing special for dinner tonight, Brandon has to go to a Hail and Farewell so guess it is salad for me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:38 am 

fake bake ranch fried chicken, half mashed potatoes, biscuits, some kind of veggies. Where do I look in the store for saucy susan? I have never heard of it?? Would it be near the BBQ sauce and ketchup?